My dental bridge was recently replaced after 15 years due to sensitivity in the last abutment tooth. It was root-canal treated and a new bridge was placed. It has been 9 days since the new bridge was placed. I experience pain and occasional sensitivity in the last tooth. I had an OPG taken and the dentist says everything looks normal. He even reduced my high points twice. I even got a second opinion, for which the dentist said the RCT looks good, but if the problem persists then there's no option other than extracting the tooth. I only had a molar extracted on my other side and the other molar is waiting to be crowned. Now with this opinion, I am even more anxious and devastated as I could permanently lose all my molars on the lower jaw. The pain is still there and it gets worse in the morning after I wake up. But I can manage it for some time but it won't go away. I am seriously scared there might be a hidden tooth fracture that's not showing on the X-ray. Any advice is appreciated.
Hi doctor,
We have been advised to proceed with a pulpectomy for 3 of his milk teeth.
I would like to understand if the pulpectomy is truly necessary or it would be safe to wait for the milk tooth to naturally fall out.
I have attached his dental x-ray. Could you please advice
1) whether it is really required
2) if delaying treatment could cause any issue to other surrounding teeth
3) approx how long it may take for his milk tooth tk naturally fall out( he will turn 6 yr old in jan 27)
4) whether there are any alternative treatment options
Thanks in Advance
My 15-year-old dental bridge was replaced as the last abutment tooth had sensitivity. It has undergone RCT and the permanent bridge was fixed last Saturday. The last tooth in the dental bridge still has pain and sensitivity. The pain was unbearable on Monday so I took naproxen 250 mg on Monday. On Tuesday, I felt almost 95% better with no symptoms. Again yesterday the pain started and progressed throughout the day and towards the end of the day there was mild sensitivity as well. I took another naproxen 250 mg last night. And this morning the pain has reduced but the mild sensitivity continues. I'm seriously panicking.
P.S: I am also afraid removing the permanent bridge again now will be impossible as the dentist used a bonding cement to seal it well. This whole ordeal has taken a great deal of toll on my mental health.
I have attached a photo.. pls guide me the treatment and all possible way to save my teeth. Re root canal also done
Recently have developed a red spot inside cheek. That area had some recent bite injuries as well during sleeping. Had a history of smoking but quit around 2 years back. Please advise.