Hi doctor,
We have been advised to proceed with a pulpectomy for 3 of his milk teeth.
I would like to understand if the pulpectomy is truly necessary or it would be safe to wait for the milk tooth to naturally fall out.
I have attached his dental x-ray. Could you please advice
1) whether it is really required
2) if delaying treatment could cause any issue to other surrounding teeth
3) approx how long it may take for his milk tooth tk naturally fall out( he will turn 6 yr old in jan 27)
4) whether there are any alternative treatment options
Thanks in Advance
Yesterday I had RCT after pus was cleaned. Before the procedure, I had severe pain, a 103°F fever and high BP. I started Metrogyl 200 and Augmentin 1g twice daily.
On Day 2, the pain reduced a lot, but at night it returned with a 100°F fever.
Now I see new, painful pus/swelling on another side of the treated area. My dentist advised warm salt-water rinses and very gentle finger massage. Is this normal after RCT, or could it mean a new abscess or spreading infection? Is gentle massage safe? How often should I rinse? Since I had a 103°F fever yesterday and fever has returned today with new pus, should I see my dentist urgently? What symptoms need emergency care?
Hello sir / mam.i did my wisdom tooth extraction on last week ..it was a horizontal one...omfs removed both upper and lower third molar teeth . Now it's been a week ..but the swelling only partially reduced ...and I feel so tight around left cheek due to swelling...pain is common till now? When should I stop worrying about dry socket...I am going to remove my suture on 10 th day...what should I do to reduce swelling heat or ice packs??
Had impacted wisdom and it caused distal decay in 2nd molar...now wisdom has been removed...symptoms before extraction were cold sensitivty 2.. 3 second and pain while biting...after extraction cold sensitivty is same..but pain while biting increased...14th August was the date for extraction...now dentist said it is 50-50 for rct or filling ..they said we will remove a decay...and put temporary filling and wait for 21 days ..if no pain then filling otherwise wise rct...now it has been 4 days since...normally no pain...some time mild pain...1/10..and cold sensitivity same...1 2 second...and pain while biting at a certain angle...what to expect next
Ive overbite issue and some doctor said for braces they will remove my 4 tooth , wont it create gap , it would look worse than present I dont know if i should go for braces or not but issue is significant and I want to improve and removal of 4 tooth is not joke