Hi doctor,
We have been advised to proceed with a pulpectomy for 3 of his milk teeth.
I would like to understand if the pulpectomy is truly necessary or it would be safe to wait for the milk tooth to naturally fall out.
I have attached his dental x-ray. Could you please advice
1) whether it is really required
2) if delaying treatment could cause any issue to other surrounding teeth
3) approx how long it may take for his milk tooth tk naturally fall out( he will turn 6 yr old in jan 27)
4) whether there are any alternative treatment options
Thanks in Advance
I had a dental infection. My dentist drilled the tooth, drained the pus, and started antibiotics (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid and Metronidazole) for 5 days. And warm salt water rinse in 5-6 times in day, The next day, swelling/pus appeared and seems to have collected in the palate. I have no fever now, and after 72 hours of antibiotics the fever has not returned, but the palate remains swollen and very painful, possibly due to trapped pus. The pus is not draining on its own. Can the pus drain or be absorbed naturally with antibiotics, or does it usually require professional drainage?
How many days can the palatal swelling and pain take to completely resolve?
Yesterday I had RCT after pus was cleaned. Before the procedure, I had severe pain, a 103°F fever and high BP. I started Metrogyl 200 and Augmentin 1g twice daily.
On Day 2, the pain reduced a lot, but at night it returned with a 100°F fever.
Now I see new, painful pus/swelling on another side of the treated area. My dentist advised warm salt-water rinses and very gentle finger massage. Is this normal after RCT, or could it mean a new abscess or spreading infection? Is gentle massage safe? How often should I rinse? Since I had a 103°F fever yesterday and fever has returned today with new pus, should I see my dentist urgently? What symptoms need emergency care?
Recently have developed a red spot inside cheek. That area had some recent bite injuries as well during sleeping. Had a history of smoking but quit around 2 years back. Please advise.
I recently got my filing done for a deep cavity which was under already restored tooth. The attached X-ray is a recent one after filing. Can you suggest whether rct is required or restoration is complete. Thanks