International Women’s Day - Live Session

Questions answered by our experts
doctor profile image doctor profile image
Dr. Shashikala Hande
Gynecologist & Obstetrician
Dr. Padmanjali K S
Pediatrician

Answered Questions

Sweating from palms

I sweat a lot from my palms and feet and also after pregnancy experiencing lot of hairfall. The sweating problem has been there since very long but hairfall has began after I became weak after pregnancy and even after 2 years it has not stopped which is worrying me. Please help with these two being my major health conc ... erns.I work in MNC so have not been able to plan my diet but even then it is very irritating that these problems remain and do not go away slowly.

175 Views Asked for Female, 28 Years, Hyderabad h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You need to do a blood test like CBC, Thyroid profile, Vit D, as these may be the cause for hairfall if all the above are normal, see a derm ... View Answer ong but hairfall has began after I became weak after pregnancy and even after 2 years it has not stopped which is worrying me. Please help with these two being my major health concerns.I work in MNC so have no

How to quit thumbsucking?

My child has this habit of thumb sucking. I want to know what is the main reason that they do it? Even if he is well fed, he would not stop doing it. Should we use pacifiers? How to make him quit it permanently?

282 Views Asked for Male, 3 Years, Indore h

Padmanjali K S answered
Most of the times the child sucks the thumb when hungry/sleepy/bored. Ensure that these situations are avoided - he's distracted. Please do ... View Answer doing it. Should we use pacifiers? How to make him quit it permanently?

Female Gyne query

I plan to conceive soon.. what are the tests a female and male should get done, before they plan their first baby ? Also my weight is 68 and height 5,5 , Do i need to be worried about my weight?

342 Views Asked for Female, 30 Years, Delhi h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Take folic acid tablets 3 months prior. You can get a CBC, Thyroid profile, HBA1C, Rubella IGG, and both of you can get infection screening ... View Answer height 5,5 , Do i need to be worried about my weight?

Pregnancy query

Trying to conceive for 2 months now. Had a proper cycle 3 weeks ago and next cycle is a week away. However 12 days into this cycle, I had small bleeding. Then tried HPT tests 3 times after that in space of 15 days. The T line appeared lightly at first and in latest test, it is darker than before. According to the kit, ... it is a positive. But then why did I have a proper cycle last time? And what is the small bleeding that I had 12 days after the last cycle? Am I pregnant or is this some complication?

303 Views Asked for Female, 29 Years, Chennai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Looks like you're pregnant by the test. You can confirm the same by doing a beta HCG in your blood, and depending on the level, get an Ultra ... View Answer all bleeding. Then tried HPT tests 3 times after that in space of 15 days. The T line appeared lightly at first and in latest test, it is darker than before. According to the kit, it is a positive. But then why did I have a proper cycle last time? And what is the small bleeding that I had 12 days after the last cycle? Am I pr

Obesity and back pain

I have 4 years old baby he was sceserion. after my delivery i put on weight approx. 12KG. I dont eat fast food or junk food. even i take care of calories i intake still i am not able to reduce. I have back pain and knee ach regularly. pls suggest

169 Views Asked for Female, 32 Years, Jaipur h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You need to enroll in a proper exercise and weight loss program, but see an orthopedic doctor to make sure you can do so safely, as you have ... View Answer re of calories i intake still i am not able to reduce. I have back pain and knee ach regularly. pls suggest

Fibroid in uterus

My sister in law is 38 yrs old she has three kids and for the past one year she lower abdominal pain and now its come to know she has fibroid in her uterus and she has under go operation to remove her uterus is there any medication which can reduce the fibroid without surgery

129 Views Asked for Female, 38 Years, Chennai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Surgery for Fibroids depends on the size of the fibroid, and the problems caused due to it. All Fibroids need not be removed. to advice furt ... View Answer d in her uterus and she has under go operation to remove her uterus is there any medication which can reduce the fibroid without surgery

Pigmentation

I have a pigmentation after my baby's delivery and skin has become very dry. What should i do? No idea which face cream and food i should use/consume to make it better. Please suggest

117 Views Asked for Female, 30 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Pigmentation can be normal after a pregnancy. Get your thyroid profile done, and also see a dermatologist for application of local creams.

How to handle triplets?

My cousin recently had triplets after going through some treatments. Now that was totally unexpected and she is totally overwhelmed how would she be able to even manage them altogether. What are some tips for taking care of the babies?

104 Views Asked for Female, 30 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Have a lot of help at hand and ensure that the babies are fed regularly. If any of them are sick please ensure that the other 2 are separate ... View Answer d she be able to even manage them altogether. What are some tips for taking care of the babies?

Gyneacology

Hi, I'm under treatment of PCOD, I'm taking tablets(21 days). Doctor said once I stop tablet then i will get periods but I'm getting now while taking tablets also. Please help me about this

126 Views Asked for Female, 27 Years, Chennai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You need to get a PAP smear done, as well as an Ultrasound scan to see if you have developed any Polyps in the uterus, though this is not du ... View Answer le taking tablets also. Please help me about this

Irregular periods

I had my delivery through vaccume process for 8 months ago and i was using orofer xt and calcimax for 6 months as prescribed. Now in 2 months my periods was 15 days once and heavy bleeding for 5 days and also sometimes suffering from joint pains . please suggest .

68 Views Asked for Female, 27 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Delivery through vacuum should not have any effect on your periods , neither your medications. You need to be investigated if you have perio ... View Answer s my periods was 15 days once and heavy bleeding for 5 days and also sometimes suffering from joint pains . please suggest .

Irregular periods

I m been getting a 40 day cycle since 8 months. All the scan are normal. I had a baby 4 years ago. What could be the reason?

49 Views Asked for Female, 31 Years, Mumbai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
This could be your normal period. If all the investigations are normal, you can leave it as it is.

Is this a disorder?

My younger brother has had decreasing performance in school over the past six months. During this time, he has become more irritable and irresponsible, has changed his group of friends, and has had decreasing personal hygiene. He was previously a high-achieving student, but his grades have slipped to the extent that h ... e is failing several courses. Is this some kind of disorder that has been developed? How can i help him ?

101 Views Asked for Male, 16 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Many an adolescents go through these problems. Please take him to a Pediatrician who may refer him to a child psychologist. It's also import ... View Answer esponsible, has changed his group of friends, and has had decreasing personal hygiene. He was previously a high-achieving student, but his grades have slipped to the extent that he is failing several cou

Pain in lower abdomen

I am 8 week pregnant and sometimes i get pain in my lower abdomen in night time only. this has happend two times. Is it normal in pregnancy.. ?

87 Views Asked for Female, 30 Years, Delhi h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
If the pain is just lasting for a few seconds then you can ignore it. Make sure you're passing urine on time, and drink atleast 2 litres of ... View Answer . ?

Menopausal

My cycle has reduced from 30 days to 25 days now with less bleeding for 2 days. Am I entering menopause stge?

131 Views Asked for Female, 44 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Age of menopause depends on your family history, like age of menopause for your mother and sister if any. Generally, menopause can be anywhe ... View Answer

Gastric During Pregnancy

How to control Gastric during pregnancy and I have vomiting sensation. How to control without taking tablet, currently I am running in my fifth month of pregnancy.

72 Views Asked for Female, 26 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Reduce any spicy and oily food in your diet. Take regular meals, and consult a dietitian if this doesnt work for you.

Dryness during sexual Int

Hi. I got married last year, during intercourse I always need lubricant. Plz suggest me what should I do to increase lubricanting fluid naturally.

166 Views Asked for Female, 26 Years, Navi Mumbai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You can use Lubic gel during sexual intercourse.

Troubles with speech

Our child of 2 and a half year is having troubles with learning new words. He does not speak much and even what he says is not clear. We have tried many ways but have not seen very good results so far. Will he get it over with time or we should see some specialists? Also please some home remedies that we can try?

66 Views Asked for Male, 30 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Please ensure that his hearing is fine. Also is he understanding simple words/directions. No home remedies but do take a lot of time to int ... View Answer e tried many ways but have not seen very good results so far. Will he get it over with time or we should see some specialists? Also please some home remedies that we can try?

Birth control

Any medicine or injection available in market for long time birth controll without taking daily pill and condoms.

214 Views Asked for Female, 27 Years, Delhi h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Yes there is an intramuscular injection called Depo-Provera, that can be taken every 12 weeks. But, when used for more than 1-2 years it can ... View Answer

Rashes on Babies Skin

My Baby develops rashes after bath> I have been using Johnsons Baby Soap and powder. I have tried herbal soaps but he still develops rashes. What are the products you suggest?

66 Views Asked for Male, 1 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
There are lots of skin care products like sebamed / cetaphil / tedibar / oilatum available for babies with sensitive skin. You can try any o ... View Answer What are the products you suggest?

Failed IVF

I had successful first IUI but ended with left ectopic in 5 weeks.my left tube is present but not in good condition.After that i had 4 failed IUI and 2 failed IVF. I am not able to conceive, Please suggest.

97 Views Asked for Female, 29 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You can take a break of 3-4 months, you can try another 3 cycles of IVF. Your chance of successful IVF depends on the reason for infertility ... View Answer d IUI and 2 failed IVF. I am not able to conceive, Please suggest.

Birth Control

I would like to start with regular birth control pills. Could you tell me about the pros and cons of the same and if it is over the counter?

112 Views Asked for Female, 23 Years, Pune h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
I need to know your age, weight, habits like smoking, medical history, history of migraines, family history of any cancers, heart problems, ... View Answer

Nebulizer for children

My daughter has been suffering from frequent coughing and sneezing since last 6 months. Her pediatrician advises regular nebulizer. But our parents say, nebulizer is not safe and reduces immumity. Is it true?

90 Views Asked for Female, 3 Years, Ghaziabad h

Padmanjali K S answered
NO. Nebulizers are safe and have no impact on the immunity. On the other hand the cough and sneezing episodes may reduce and your child heal ... View Answer parents say, nebulizer is not safe and reduces immumity. Is it true?

Introducing Solid Food

How should I introduce solid foods to my 6 month old baby? What ind of foods do you suggest?

65 Views Asked for Male, 1 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Usually start with cereals (rice or raagi) then add vegetables and fruits and later pulses (dals). Start with small spoons full and build it ... View Answer

Missed period

My sister has missed her period. It was due on 02nd March. However they have also consulted a doctor regarding having a child and is on folic tablets. A physical examination was done too. Could she be pregnant and how many days till she can do the pregnancy test. Can she do it via the pregnancy kit which is at medical ... shop. My sister is little less than a year married.

181 Views Asked for Female, 34 Years, Pune h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
She can do a pregnancy test using a pregnancy kit or by a blood test called Serum beta HCG. She can do this test as soon as she misses her p ... View Answer c tablets. A physical examination was done too. Could she be pregnant and how many days till she can do the pregnancy test. Can she do it via the pregnancy kit which is at m

How to raise mature child

My 3 years old son is getting very arrogant these days. He would show tantrums when his choice of toy or food is not being bought for and start crying until the demand is met. We are having a tough time making him understand what's good for him. Please suggest some ways how to explain it to him

100 Views Asked for Male, 3 Years, Indore h

Padmanjali K S answered
Its mostly impossible to reason with a child of that age. Temper tantrums are quite common in this age and they usually outgrow it. Its impo ... View Answer art crying until the demand is met. We are having a tough time making him understand what's good for him. Please suggest some ways how to explain it to him

Regarding my pregnancy

I am pregnant,9th month running, at this time if i eat 2 rotis with milk my sugar level is reaching more than 140. therefore i m having salads only these days which lowers the sugar level to below 130. but i don't fill my stomach full. pls tell me what should i do and for C-section delivery how sugar level is importan ... t and what should be the value. 2nd question - do i need to have any vaccination during this time for the baby

59 Views Asked for Female, 32 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You need to consult a proper dietitian and take a diet chart and follow accordingly. If you are following the correct diet, your sugar level ... View Answer ads only these days which lowers the sugar level to below 130. but i don't fill my stomach full. pls tell me what should i do and for C-section delivery how sugar level is important and what should be the value. 2nd question - do i need to have any vaccination during this time for the baby

Tantrum over sibling

How to mediate jealously issues between my 4 yr old daughter and my 2 year old son. She feels we pamper him too much, and sulks in the corner. We try our level best to give them equal time, but since I'm the only person at home, its hard to run in two directions at once. Everytime the younger one cries, the older one c ... ries too. I know it is an attention seeking tactic, but could you please help me with how to manage this?

63 Views Asked for Female, 2 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Sibling rivalry is quite common and natural too. Please remember your elder one is still a young child too. It helps if you involve the four ... View Answer r. We try our level best to give them equal time, but since I'm the only person at home, its hard to run in two directions at once. Everytime the younger one cries, the older one cries too. I know it is an attention seeking tactic, but could you please help me with how to manage this?

Healthy pragnancy

Hi doctor.. Iam 31 yr old.. I need some important steps for healthy pregnancy.. I have one miscarriage last year in 6 weeks.. And my period cycle is always off time 5-7 days up and down and only for 3 days... We are planning for a baby... Kindly suggest me as me healthy tips... Thanks

105 Views Asked for Female, 31 Years, Delhi h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Keep away from smoking even if it is passive and alcohol. Cut down on caffeine. Start regular exercise regime. Take folic acid pre pregnancy ... View Answer cycle is always off time 5-7 days up and down and only for 3 days... We are planning for a baby... Kindly suggest me as me healthy tips... Thanks

Autism Spectrum

My son started speaking late. Until the age of 3, he didnt speak a single word. Doctors told us that he may be on the autism disorder spectrum. However all tests were borderline. As of now, he's speaking but slowly. We are taking him to a speech therapist for the same. Any other precautions/ actions we can take. He doe ... snt seem to have any other cognitive issues.

92 Views Asked for Male, 6 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
If the child is otherwise well, has good social and communication skills please continue the same. Do ensure he spends lot of time interacti ... View Answer um. However all tests were borderline. As of now, he's speaking but slowly. We are taking him to a speech therapist for the same. Any other precautions/ actions we can take. He doesnt seem to have any other cognitive issues.

Food in pregnancy

I m working women and i generally eat outside food in lunch. Please suggest can i eat outside food.?

98 Views Asked for Female, 30 Years, Delhi h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Make sure of the hygiene part of the food cooked outside and it should not be raw like salads or half cooked items. Also avoid soft cheese, ... View Answer

New baby on plane

When is it generally ok to take a new born baby on plane? What all things do we need to keep in mind? Will it affect their health?

66 Views Asked for Female, 1 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Always preferable to avoid flights in babies as much as possible. Having said that if its inevitable, babies as young as one month can be ta ... View Answer

Polycystic ovaries

My wife was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries so what all can be found here complications and what should she do to cure it ? Does she has to have an operation of some sort ?

105 Views Asked for Female, 23 Years, Delhi h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
There is no need for any operations. The effects of polycystic ovaries can be acne, excess facial hair, excess weight gain, irregular period ... View Answer to have an operation of some sort ?

Baby breastfeeding

Are there differences in children that are bottle fed vs. breast fed as they mature into adults? Does it impact their mental and physical development? If yes, how can we bridge the gap.. Please suggest

61 Views Asked for Female, 1 Years, Indore h

Padmanjali K S answered
There is enough evidence to establish the superiority of breast milk over bottled milk. For any reason if breast feeding is not possible / s ... View Answer velopment? If yes, how can we bridge the gap.. Please suggest

Eating habits

My son is so selective in eating. He eats more of curd rice and i feel like he doesn't eat much of colored foods. But he eats fruits like banana, pomegranate, apple and some dry fruits. he is completely avoiding spicy foods. he is also interested in eating tiffin varieties. Rarely he takes dhal with rice. He prefers ta ... king more ghee.How does he change to normal eating which i mean to include more vegetables and little spices as it is also required to gain energy?. Inspite of all these he is so energetic all the time and naughty. Is this state common in children?

40 Views Asked for Male, 2 Years, Chennai h

Padmanjali K S answered
Your child seems to be regular normal kid. Since he is taking enough fruits, its okay if he is not too keen on vegetables. Do try out new ve ... View Answer nana, pomegranate, apple and some dry fruits. he is completely avoiding spicy foods. he is also interested in eating tiffin varieties. Rarely he takes dhal with rice. He prefers taking more ghee.How does he change to normal eat

Mom having Menopause

My moms going through her menopause .I just want to know the symptoms and how to handle such a person.because i see a lot of mood swings in her and this makes me worried.

72 Views Asked for Female, 45 Years, Bengaluru h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Some of the symptoms are hot flushes, mood swings, irritability, excess dryness of vagina leading to burning during sexual intercourse, burn ... View Answer her and this makes me worried.

Irregular Period

I have this cousin who never gets her period on time. Most of the times she even skips a period. She had a thyroid test too, and its pretty sure she doesn't have thyroid either. So what could be the reason? And what to do to get regular periods? We've seen many suggestions online but none were satisfying. P.S : My cou ... sin got her period at a young age ie, 10.

79 Views Asked for Female, 16 Years, Hyderabad h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Sometimes periods can be irregular until the age of 18 but incase you are worried she can to get an ultrasound scan of her pelvis plus FSH/L ... View Answer sure she doesn't have thyroid either. So what could be the reason? And what to do to get regular periods? We've seen many suggestions online but none were satisfying. P.S : My cousin got her period at a young age ie, 10.

Menstruration problem

I get period in very scanty amount and also it last in 3 days atmost..One more problem is that i am getting belly fat even I dont eat that much..Can you please help me out

86 Views Asked for Female, 24 Years, Mumbai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
You may be having a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS due to which you can have hormonal imbalance leading to multiple sm ... View Answer uch..Can you please help me out

My Child cries a lot

My Child cries a lot at nights, no idea what should i do t stop crying. How can we know that the baby crying is because of milk or some thing else

53 Views Asked for Female, 27 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Causes for crying are different for different ages. Kindly specify the age.

Not eating proper food

My son was 8 months old before he use to eat properly and now he is refuses to take food and cries. Feeding through spoon or hand he just close his mouth. I am still breast feeding him. Is this the normal behaviour.??

50 Views Asked for Male, 1 Years, Bengaluru h

Padmanjali K S answered
Children do go through episodes of reduced appetite and spurts of increase intake during their growth spurts. Many times during and post inf ... View Answer ose his mouth. I am still breast feeding him. Is this the normal behaviour.??

Chronic cold

My daughter catch cold very frequently as whatever allopathy,homeopathy does not work on her..this frequent cold lost her appetite and concentration on anything.I don't understand what kind of treatment should work for her.

57 Views Asked for Female, 4 Years, Delhi h

Padmanjali K S answered
Cold and cough are quite common even upto two in a months for children of this age. Its important to get her checked and be sure its not any ... View Answer ntration on anything.I don't understand what kind of treatment should work for her.

Cramps during pregnancy

I'm pregnant, 7weeks now. I keep having cramps in my uterus area, which is similar to periods cramps. Is this normal. Or do I need to be concerned abt it.

66 Views Asked for Female, 28 Years, Chennai h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Yes, period like cramps can be a normal symptom in early pregnancy as long as it is confirmed intra uterine pregnancy (pregnancy in the rig ... View Answer cerned abt it.

Menusration

Hi I have a perfect cycle of 28 days. This month period was suppose to come on 28-29/02 but till now I haven't got the periods. I have checked a pragency test twice after 1-03 but it was negative.. Can u advise the reason and procedure for the same.

187 Views Asked for Female, 25 Years, Pune h

Dr. Shashikala Hande answered
Wait for 1 week. If you are on any medication, check with the particular doctor if the dosage is correct. Repeat your pregnancy test in a we ... View Answer ed a pragency test twice after 1-03 but it was negative.. Can u advise the reason and procedure for the same.
true