Throat Pain

I have been having a pain in my throat since two days while swallowing saliva or eating anything or even during drinking water. how to reduce the pain

Dr. Harisha N L General Physician | Bangalore

Hi there...Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Garg

... Read More

“It feels like something is stuck in my throat,” This sensation typically occurs at the back of the throat, behind the tongue, and feels like the object won’t come away from there no matter how much you try to dislodge it, usually by clearing the throat.

Dr. Vinay S Bhat ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist | Bangalore

You might be suffering from reflux laryngopharyngitis which is type of acidity related disorder. You may need to take anti reflux medications for few weeks for long term benefits

... Read More

The left side of my throat is hurting very bad, and the back of my tongue on the left side, and my left ear is also paining very bad, and i have no cold. And its hurting very very bad when i swallow.

You seem to be suffering from acute pharyngo-tonsillitis which is a common type of throat infection. You may need to take antibiotics and painkillers along with antiseptic mouth gargle for few days

... Read More

I'm having a throat pain due to cold. Can I take Cheston cold Cold for that?

Dr. Sudha Kampati ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist | Hyderabad

Cheston Cold Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients Cheston Cold Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts) Cetirizine - 5 MG Paracetamol - 500 MG Phenylephrine - 10 MG N

... Read More

I have pain on the right side of my Adam's apple. It's tender to press from the outide and hurts when I swallow. It doesn't hurt at the back of my throat inside (e.g. A usual sore throat), but at front. It also hurts if I'm tensing for example I'm about to sneeze or when I yawn.

Dr. Nafisa Parveen ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist | Delhi

It could be due to local trauma or thyroiditis..for thyroiditis confirmation need to do local examination and USG thyroid region.. better to consult with an ENT specialist for assessment...

... Read More

Hi , I am a 32 years male and I am facing a problem in my throat. Since three months I suffer from pain in my throat when I drink water. The pain doesn't occur when swallowing solids. Please tell me what should I do get relief from this pain.

You seem to be suffering from reflux laryngopharyngitis which is type of acidity related disorder. You may need to take anti reflux medications for few weeks for long term benefits

... Read More

Feeling pain in right side of the throat while swallowing. However pain does not occur every time while swallowing. No fever or infection or itching is there. The symptoms persist for last 5-6 days.

Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with war

... Read More

I feel as if there is something stuck/moving in my throat around the back of mouth to adams apple. its been bothering me for a few days. there is no pain to associate it with just the feeling as if something is moving up and down my throat. goes down if I swallow, comes up if I let it.

It could be due to mucous or acid reflux..need to be evaluated properly.. should rule out any nasal allergies/post nasal drip/chronic sinusitis.visit an ENT specialist for proper assessment.

... Read More

I've been noticing streaks of blood while clearing the throat in the morning after waking up and vomiting sensation too. Also having mild pain in the throat, but no issues while swallowing solid or liquid substances. Got the CT scan done for PNS region, no abnormalities found. Is this need to be taken seriously? What should be the next line of trea

...

Rigorous throat clearing and coughing can cause rupture of small blood vessels inside your throat causing minimal bleeding. You need to be gentle while brushing/cleaning throat/throat clearing

... Read More

Its been over 2 months i have red bumps in the back of my throat and it is spreading with time this is horrifying

You might be suffering from granular pharyngitis which usually occurs secondary to chronic irritation of throat. Cause can be reflux laryngopharyngitis, post nasal discharge, smoking, pollution etc. C

... Read More