How much delay in periods is normal

Hi, We had protected sex during periods, after periods we had unprotected sex. I took unwanted 72 just after that day (also within 72 hrs of protected sex during periods). After 2 days of having pill i had heavy bleeding. For this month even after 5 days i dont have periods is there any serious concern? Or just it is the case of periods delay?

Dr. Priyanka Suhag Gynecologist | Delhi

You already had menses post i pill Periods become delayed because of taking i pill Use proper contraception

... Read More

I have regular periods every month. I took primolut to delay my periods and stopped it. But its been three days and my period has not started yet. Is it normal? How long should i wait before getting it checked?

Dr Mandira Singh General Physician | Hyderabad

Wait for 10 days maximum after stopping the tablet, but if it doesn't come then meet a gynaecologist. Primolut is not a good tablet to be taken for postponement of menses

... Read More

I was suffering from typhoid and after that I missed my period ..25day delay..But still i didn't have period.

Dr. Jyoti Arora Monga Ayurveda | Delhi

This is very common if you have a problem like typhoid. This is due to weakness. The periods will become regular with in 1- 2 months.

... Read More

I consumed sysron ncr and had periods then. I consumed an ipill after a few days and now my periods are delayed more than a week. I got a blood test too it was negative. What should I do? Please help

Taking so many hormonal tablet you have just messed with your internal hormonal profile, if your pregnancy test is negative don't take any medications just wait for your menses to come naturally

... Read More

Hii, i have chickenpox last month. and after this diseases there is a delay in my periods.this happens first time to me.as i am on my regular diet. i don't have any other problem as of now. my period date was 4th of November.and got chickenpox on 15 November. Is this due to any weakness ? please help. Thanks

Dr. Shalini Kushwaha Homoeopath | Delhi

Hello. It's nothing to worry if it is for the First time. Just don't stress yourself. Do pranayam regularly and drink plenty of water also. Follow Healthy eating habits.

... Read More

I m tryin to conceive and doc advised me to take endogest sr 300 from 16th day of cycle for 15 days and asked to take upt test. I experienced severe abdominal cramp on my period date but didn get periods. Will endogest delay my periods?

Dr. Mamatha Devi S Gynecologist | Bangalore

Yes it does..... However it can protect the second phase of the cycle too. If you've missed the date check for pregnancy... Whatever it may be ....meet your gynaecologist...and discuss.

... Read More

I am expecting my periods on my wedding day, how can i delay or get early my period according to my periods days.

Dr. Navpreet Buttar Gynecologist | Mohali

Start tab MODUS or DEVIRY 10 mg twice a day 10 prior to the day of expected periods and take it till you want to postpone your periods. You will get your periods a week after you finish the pills. B

... Read More

I took meprate 60mg after consulting a gynecologist to delay my menstrual cycle so that it will not come on my marriage day. It successfully delayed my cycle from happening on April 13 to April 25..I was expecting my next cycle to come on may 20th so that I will be safe for marriage on june6th..but it is now 35 days and has not yet started..I fear

...

Dr. Devjani Das (Ganguly) Gynecologist/Obstetrician | Kolkata

Meprate will delay your period as long as you take it, and you are expected to get a withdrawal bleed within few days of stopping it. I assume that you took Meprate 10mg for six days previously, as pe

... Read More

My period is delayed by 15 days. I am married. I have done pregnancy test both urinal and BETA-HCG, It's negative. I had PCOD 3 years back, and it was cured by medication. Please advice.

Dr. Shyama Nivas Gynecologist | Patna

Delayed menses can be due to hormonal imbalance.repeat pregnancy test...if its negative u can take hormonal tabs to regularize ur menses.consult ur gynaecologist.

... Read More

Hello doctor, I ovulated on 1st October and I have 24-26 days cycle. My period should start tomorrow(14th October). Since yesterday I have been observing slight spotting on and off. Doctor advised to take susten 200 orally twice a day from the day of ovulation for one month. What does this spotting indicates?

Dr. Ashwini S Gynecologist | Bangalore

Hi if it has been more than 2 weeks after ovulation you can check for pregnancy with a urine test. If it is negative you stop susten and you will get normal bleeding within a week. If it is positive

... Read More