What is anger?
Anger is a strong emotional state of being upset or frustrated which makes a person hurt someone for doing something unkind to them.
The causes of anger are multifactorial.
1. Abusive past
2. Suppressed emotions
4. Living in an environment where people get angry often
5. Poor self-esteem
6. Low tolerance levels
The above are few of the factors that make a person prone to getting angry easily.
Anger is a natural emotion and is safe as long as it is mild, expressed appropriately and resolves quickly. It is when anger swings to extremes, is aroused by the most trivial issues, leads to disturbed relationships or is difficult to cope with that it becomes a condition that needs treating.
Different Types Of Anger
Anger has various types. Major among these are as follows:
- Verbal anger – In this type of anger, the person expresses anger in words.
- Passive anger – People with this type of anger are never direct about expressing their anger. Instead, they use tools such as sarcasm (sharp, bitter remarks) to show their feelings.
- Self-inflicted anger – People prone to this type of anger tend to harm or punish themselves for some wrong they believe they have done. Such persons may start to eat too much or too little or show self-destructive behaviour.
- Sudden anger – Such persons lose their temper quickly but get out of the angry frame of mind just as fast.
- Overwhelmed anger – This type of anger appears when a person is unable to cope with the circumstances or situations taking place around them anymore. This type of anger is mostly expressed by shouting.
- Chronic anger – Chronic anger is prolonged anger and is often linked to depression.
The long-term effects of anger:
Getting angry makes a person prone to various health issues, both on the mental and physical plane.
- The physical complaints include high blood pressure, digestion problems, headaches and migraines.
- The mental complaints include depression, insomnia and anxiety issues.
Anger Management With Homeopathy
There is a great scope of Homeopathy for treating anger issues. Homeopathic medicines work on a dynamic plane, going to the deeper levels of the brain to modify angry temperaments. They help balance the mood and negative thoughts that lead to anger. Homeopathic medicines used for treating anger are natural, safe and are not habit-forming. The appropriate medicine is selected after a detailed study of the case history and symptoms. Special emphasis is placed on the childhood history of the person to trace the root cause of the anger. Some top-rated Homeopathic medicines used for treating anger issues are Nux Vomica, Chamomilla, Staphysagria, Aurum Met and Tarentula Hispanica, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is written by the Practitioner for informational purposes only. Users must not view the content as medical advice in any way. Users are also required to ’NOT SELF MEDICATE’ and always consult a practicing specialist before taking any medicines or undergoing any treatment. Practo and the Practitioner will not be responsible for any act or omission by the User arising from the User’s interpretation of the content.