As we know to recover from any disease, we need proper healthy diet and rest. According to ayurveda, your diet regime act as medicine. If we eat food like medicines, we don't need medicines like food. As we all know that Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease that mainly affect the lungs. Antioxidants, multivitamin and mineral rich fruits and vegetables are recommended to be included in daily diet for speedy recovery from tuberculosis.
- Non veg soups chicken / mutton with medicated ghee .
- Veg soups of radish, horse gram, chickpea, green gram (moong) or mix soups
- Goat has got more importance in ayurveda to treat TB. Goat milk and goat ghee is highly recommend. I'll recommend to drink fresh goat milk minimum 2 times a days.
- Dates, raisins, jaggery and sugar are useful to provide instant energy.
- Sitopaladi churna is the best medicine for TB which is readily available almost everywhere.
- Weight loss & weakness is actively present in TB so ayurveda recommends different mansa ras - non veg soups to get back strength faster.
- Pure cow ghee or medicated ghee according to digestive power is recommended.
- VAMAN therapy is a preventive therapy to avoid such diseases of the respiratory system.