Reverse the Weight gained during Festivals and get ready for the Wedding Season.
Festival time is the time for celebration and lots of food. But now if you look into the mirror, especially at all those inches that you have gained over the past few weeks, you are not alone. No worries please, you can get back on track by making some real changes – in fact, it's possible to do it in just one or two weeks. Few simple changes to your routine can help you shed the weight quickly and get back into your sexy shape so as to fit into the glamorous dresses which you purchased for this wedding season.
- Opt for fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Spinach, red and green peppers, tomatoes and fruits like grapes, oranges, apples, papaya are some of the detox foods that can help you lose weight fast. Don't forget to sprinkle your dishes with cinnamon, ginger, garlic, roasted cumin seeds and black pepper. These spices reduce the inflammatory chemicals your body produces as a result of eating too many sweets.
- Stick to homemade foods only to avoid consuming hidden calories present in sauces, marinades and mayonnaise etc.
- Include curd/dahi/yoghurt in your diet as it contains probiotics, stimulate digestion and speed up cleansing our system which helps in burning fat.
- Do not skip meals, focus on what you eat and keep a food diary for two weeks. Be honest!! and you will soon see where your weak points are.
- Do not starve yourself, starving is not at all healthy, rather it affects the way you look on the occasion, including your skin and hair.
- Keep eating small and frequent meals with controlled portions as this can help you win the battle of the bulge.
- Drink water after every hour to remove all your toxins even if you are not thirsty. If we stay hydrated, we can easily flush out some of the extra sodium and bloats from our body. Keep your drinks clean – no cocktails /flavoured drinks/fruit juices.
- Try to work out for 30-45 minutes every day – Opt for any activity which you enjoy doing like walking/ dancing/swimming/ cycling/aerobics/skipping. Get 7-8 hours of sleep every day to help your body repair as well as eradicate the harmful toxins.
- Few healthy juices you can add to your diet to detox are – mixed vegetable juice (a great blood purifier) / amla juice (improves immunity) / wheat grass juice (excellent antioxidant) / ginger juice (removes bloating).
Sample diet plan
Here is a sample food plan which helps you to look slim and sexy in your new dress:
- Breakfast – One big and lemon / green tea with tulsi leaves in it / zeera water.
- Mid Morning – Have some nuts to curb your hunger pangs like almonds and walnuts.
- Lunch – Pick up a salad of raw vegetables with a dressing of lemon and pepper + spiced cooked vegetables with garlic + 1 Katori brown rice/wheat bran chappati + 1 glass of buttermilk.
- Evening – A fruit + green tea + roasted chana / pistachio.
- Dinner – Salad + veg soup + steamed sprouts / cooked lentils / quinoa pulao.
This plan would help you to get out of the post-festival fatigue and weight gained.