You can do many things to help knee pain, whether it's due to:
- Recent injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
All three types of knee Pain have different Ayurvedic Treatment which can avoid your surgery of knee replacement.
Follow these 8 dos and don’ts to help your knees feel their best:
- Don’t rest too much: Too much rest can weaken your muscles, which can worsen joint pain. Find an exercise program that is safe for your knees and stick with it. If you're not sure which motions are safe or how much you can do, talk with your a physical therapist.
- Don’t risk a fall: A painful or unstable knee can make a fall more likely, which can cause more knee damage.
- Don't overlook your weight: If you're overweight, losing weight reduces the stress on your knee. You don’t even need to get to your "ideal" weight. Smaller changes still make a difference.
- Don't be shy about using a walking aid: A crutch or cane can take the stress off of your knee. Knee splints and braces can also help you stay stable.
- Don't let your shoes make matters worse: Cushioned insoles can reduce stress on your knees. For knee osteoarthritis, doctors often recommend special insoles that you put in your shoe. To find the appropriate insole, speak with your physical therapist.
- Don’t jar your joint. High-impact exercises can further injure painful knees. Avoid jarring exercises such as running, jumping, and kickboxing.
- Do get the advice of an expert Ayurvedic Physician: Doctor will diagnose what type of knee you have, he/she will suggest u some Panchakarma and medicine. Take some Ayurvedic medicines and do panchakarma so you can prevent any more damage and avoid Surgery.
- Do consider Panchakarma: This form of traditional Indian medicine and some procedures, like Janubasti and Pottali Sweda, is widely used to relieve any type of knee pain.