Anything that poses a threat or a challenge to our well-being can be termed as stress. Additionally, the manner in which you respond to a threat or challenge can also be termed as stress. Generally, when there is a threat, the immediate response of the nervous system is to release a flood of stress hormones. This includes adrenaline as well as cortisol, which prepare and instigate the body for immediate action. This gives rise to a number of physical changes like elevated heartbeat, rise in blood pressure, tightening of muscles, etc.
Anxiety, on the other hand, is generally described as a feeling of nervousness, worry or unease about something with an uncertain or unpredictable outcome.
Some of the common symptoms of stress and anxiety include:
- Stomach ache and muscle tension.
- Panic attacks, particularly in social surroundings.
- Rapid heartbeat accompanied by fast breathing.
- Dizziness.Fatigue as well as trouble in sleeping.
- Restlessness and difficulty to concentrate.Outbursts of anger without any reason.
Homoeopathy for Stress and Anxiety:
Homeopathy is effective because it is a holistic medical practice that treats the person as a whole and thus addresses the underlying issues that lead to stress. Homoeopathy recognizes the uniqueness of each individual and treats him/her accordingly.
Factors such as the mental/emotional state of a person, the location of the symptom, the behaviour of the person towards the symptom, susceptibility, family history, and more are addressed and analyzed by the practitioner, allowing her to recognize underlying causes of stress or anxiety experienced by the individual, and to administer a fitting remedy.
Thus, homoeopathy can be used to address problems related to stress and anxiety very effectively.
Some homoeopathic remedies for stress and anxiety are discussed below:
- Medications like Argentum Nitricum as well as Tarantula are very effective in controlling hasty behaviour in people who have marked issues with anxiety.
- Chamomile tea contains chemicals like apigenin and luteolin which help in calming your anxious state. Regular consumption considerably decreases the symptoms of anxiety.
- Ignatia and Natrum Muriaticum can be used in situations where long-term grief is the cause of stress.
- Kalium phosphoricum is recommended for people with elevated stress caused due to being regularly overworked beyond their physical and mental capabilities.
- Stress that results in impatience and anger can be addressed by medications such as Nux Vomica and Staphysagria.
- A person who in general is anxious and nervous can be administered with Arsenicum Album. It also works for people stressed due to the fear of contracting serious diseases.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.