Anxiety is a normal reaction to difficult situations in life like taking a test or making an important decision. But for some people anxiety might not go away and becomes worse.
Here are seven quick tips to tame anxiety and live well:
1. Make a list of all the situations that make you anxious. Clearly defining what makes you anxious will help you design a plan to overcome them.
2. Practice Gratitude: Be thankful the people, things and opportunities you have in life. Take a moment everyday to thank all the good things you have.
3. Restrict yourself on Alcohol Intake: Initially alcohol might take your mind of troubles; it is a Central Nervous System Depressant. Eventually alcohol makes your anxiety worse.
4. Start a deep breathing Practice: Take 5 minutes off your day. Start with paying attention to your breath. Commit to the practice.
5. Start a Journal: Calm yourself and become aware of emotions with writing. Write what you feel and how you feel in that moment.
6. Practice Mindfulness: Paying more attention to the present moment to your own thoughts and feelings, and to the world around you is Mindfulness. Know more about Mindfulness here:http://pauseforperspective.com/mindfulness
7. Seek Help: Last but not the least, a professional can always guide you and help you in overcoming anxiety. Do not hesitate to consult a psychologist here: www.aarathiselvan.com