Common cold: Runny nose, constant sneezing, headache, and recurrent sore throat are the common symptoms. It affects all age groups. It is the common diseases in rainy season; probably that is why it is known as common cold. It is infectious but not that serious.
- Avoid sharing towels and handkerchiefs.
- Wash your hands frequently when touching different surfaces used by so many people.
- Use your hands to cover your mouth when you sneeze, so that you do not spread your cold to others.
- Avoid exposure to rains for long.
- Keep the children away when any of the family members have common cold.
- Keep the air-conditioner at a normal temperature and avoid ice-creams.
- The best homemade remedy is a glass of hot milk turmeric.
- Gargles with warm water and steam inhalation give relief to your sore throat.
- If things don’t improve then it is always better to see a doctor.
Common homeopathic remedies are Aconite, Allium cepa, Belladonna, Bryonia, Dulcamera, Euphrasia, Gelsemium and Rhus tox. Each of these medicine have their own indication and may be taken in consultation with a Homeopathic doctor.