At the time when your mind feel fatigue & sensory organ also feel tired / exhausted they fails to do their respective jobs at that time human is in sleep state ( sleep mode ). This sleep is daily sleep at night / physiological sleep.
HOW MUCH TIME YOU NEED SLEEP?
Averagely in the young age body needs 7 to 9 hrs of sleep. Depending on the age, climate (season –winter, summer, rainy), diseases etc..
Maharishi CHARAK said that everyone’s happiness- sadness, strength – weakness, knowledge –illiteracy, life – death, immunity and metabolism depends on sleep habits.
ROLE OF SLEEP IN YOUR LIFE
- With calm sleep, you feel happy.
- Sleep promotes natural detoxification of the body.
- Sleep promotes natural healing of body & mind.
- It restores your energy.
- Helps to boost / optimize functioning of sensory organs & mind (INDRIYA).
- Sleep maintains proper equilibrium of DOSHA (vaat, pitta, kapha).
- Provides you activeness & alertness.
- Best to reduce stress depression & anxiety.
- Improves skin tone & glowing complexion.
- All these benefits give you longevity & anti-ageing effect.
AYURVEDA MENTIONED 6 DIFFERENT TYPES OF SLEEP
- DAMBHODBHAVA: - due to increased tama guna (darkness, chaotic).
- SHLESHMASAMUDBHAVA: - due to increased kapha dosha.
- MANASHARIRSAMUDBHAVA: - due to mental & physical exertion.
- AGANTUKI: - due to external reasons like trauma, accident etc.
- VYADHYANUVARTINI: - due to diseases like fever.
- RATRISAMUDBHAV PRABHAVA: - physiological sleep at night.
Physiological sleep is said to be the guardian of life. As per Ayurveda one must change the sleep habits according to age, daily lifestyle, diseases and changing seasons (like winter, summer and rainy). In summer season day is longer than night so body might not complete proper sleep and other thing that vata dosha and dryness is increasing in the body due to heat so you can sleep for up to 45 min but strictly before lunch.
1. LIGHT HEAD MASSAGE AT BED TIME
2. WARM MILK + COW GHEE 30 MIN BEFORE GOING TO BED
3. NASYA - POURING COW GHEE OR SUGGESTED OIL IN NOSTRILS
4. FULL BODY MASSAGE - HELP TO RELAX MIND & BODY BY REDUCING STRESS HORMONES