Osteoarthritis is the most common type of joint disease. It is a degenerative disorder. The disease is a major problem for aged people as they are unable to do their day to day activities.
- Immense pain in the joints
- Reduced movement of joints
- Stiffness also present during rest
- Swelling around the joints
- Taking patients history and a Plain x-ray report is enough to know the changes in the joint
Scope in Allopathy
Modern medicines have very less scope in treatment of osteoarthritis. Painkillers can't be taken for a long time due to their side effects. Injections of corticosteroids are given which gives relief for time being. Even surgery has no surety.
Advanced Homeopathy is the most safest and reliable mode of treatment in such cases. The aim of treatment in homeopathy is:
- Pain management
- Prevent further damage of joints
- Reduce swelling, stiffness and improve the mobility
Homeopathic medicines for arthritis
- Colchicum: It is prescribed in case where there is extreme swelling, joints are tender to touch, shifting pains from one joint to another, when arthritis is accompanied with gastric complaints and small joints are affected more.
- Ledum: Ball of greater toe is swollen, swelling of hip joint. Pains travel upwards.
- Bryonia: Pains are worse from slightest motion and better by rest. Pains better from pressure and lying on painful side.
- Rhus tox: Indicated where pain and stiffness is worsen on initial motion such as rising from bed. Pains are better by warmth and continuous motion.