A Viral fever is any fever that’s caused by an underlying viral illness. A variety of viral infections can affect humans, from the common cold to the flu. Fevers are often a sign that your body is fighting off some type of bacterial or viral infection.
What causes viral fever
A viral fever is caused by infection with a virus. Viruses are very small infectious agents. They infect and multiply within the cells of your body. A fever is your body's way of fighting off a virus. Many viruses are sensitive to change in temperature, so sudden increase in your body temperature makes you less hostile to the viruses.
Routes of becoming infected
- Inhalation: Sneezing or coughing, inhaled droplets of infected person
- Ingestion: Food and drinks can be contaminated with the virus
- Bites: Insects and other animals can carry other viruses which sting or bites one infected person and also bites that healthy person
- Body fluids: Exchanging body fluids with someone who has viral infection
Symptoms and Prevention of viral fever
- Muscles ache and pain
- A feeling of weakness
- Loss of appetite
Diet and Regimen for Viral fevers
- Do not eat and drink out side and roadside foods.
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Drink liquids and eat foods having Vitamin C
- Consume liquid diet and light diet with plenty of fruit in it
- Adequate rest is necessary
Homeopathic Treatment of viral fevers
Homeopathy has a very good scope in treating all fevers. Homeopathy takes into account over all picture of fever totality & disease picture. It takes into account the physical and mental makeup of person and treats each person individually. Remedies like Arsenicum album, Influenzinum , Belladonna, Bryonia, Gelsemium, Rhus tox, Eupatorim perf., etc can help curing viral fever as well as post viral cough completely without any distress to patients.
Homeopathic medicines can be best & safest choice to treat viral fevers, in this era of modern medicine.
Sweet pills works wonders for kids too.
Remember not self- medicate, take homeopathic medicines under the supervision of a Homeopathic Physician)