First of all if you are reading this, it is important to understand that every person can loose weight irrespective of gender, hormones, metabolism, illness etc. But it's true that everyone's journey of loosing weight is different. For someone it may be easy but for others it may be an impossible task. Important thing is not to give up and to understand how your body works as each one of us are different. Loosing weight is only possible when there is a calorie deficit and that can only happen with :
- Exercise not to loose weight but to become more fit and to tone down.
- Have short term goals for exercise and then once that is achieved make another goal. For example if today you can exercise for half an hour after 15 days aim to exercise for 45min.
- Your workout should be a mix of cardio, strength training and stretching.
- Every person has a problem area and one should concentrate more on strengthening and toning that area more. For example many have problem with abdominal fat then abdominal exercises need to be performed on daily basis. I have attached my video on abdominal toning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRo8i17F3A&t=659s
- If you are not able to go to gym , fitness classes ,walking etc few exercises can be done at home itself in limited space. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=intWaFhydmc&t=28s few of these weight loss exercises are demonstrated in these videos.
- Add squats in your workout. It is one of the best exercise.
- Try walking and climbing stairs whenever possible in your routine.
- Having a personal trainer will not only monitor your exercise but will motivate you to exercise beyond your limit.
- It is important to understand that fitness and weight maintenance is a life time journey and not a short term goal.
- Fad diets are only going to cause short term wonders but you wont be able to follow it for long.
- Dieting does not mean eating less it only means eating healthy and at regular intervals.
- Staying away from junk food, packaged good and sugar can cause lot of changes in small time.
- Eat a lot of uncooked food like salads, fruits, dry fruits, etc.
- Never skip breakfast and eat dinner before 7.30 to 8 pm.
- Try eating more of proteins and less of carbs till your weight loss is achieved.
- Hydrating well is most important.
- Maintaining a food diary also helps us in keeping a track of our calorie intake.
- Cutting down on alcohol intake is important.
Believe me if you follow these simple tips in your life and don't give up nothing can stop you from your weight loss journey. So what are you waiting for start exercising and witness your fitness.