There are some tips for a meaningful and happy marriage or intimate relationship:
- The person should not be pressured to marry early. He/she should be encouraged to mature emotionally and to establish themselves in their chosen profession.
- The couple should spend one year into a relationship before they marry. They should not marry until they established a meaningful relationship and resolved major difficulties.
- The couple should complement each other on daily basis. If they have to criticize, do it lovingly. The couple should be encouraged to relate openly and honestly rather than to play traditional dating.
- The couple should be creative and flexible in their roles and mutual responsibilities, not only during the initial phase of marriage but throughout the marriage.
- The couple should make healthy physical relations. They should have a strong and viable marriage relationship before they have children and they should make jointly the decision of parenthood.
- Most important tip to a couple is to have patience and be a good listener. They should understand each other’s point of view. The couple should spend quality time together.
- The couple should not make personal life public. Speak of your spouse publically in respectable terms. When we show respect, we will receive in its kind.
- The couple should handle financial issues with care. The couple should pool their money together, budget together, spend together and save together.
- The couple should not bring up the mistakes of past. Both should not get angry at the same time. Whenever you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
Don’t hesitate to seek the help of a professional marriage counsellor when you got stuck.