Now a days it's a trend to gulp down a bottle of cola while dining or socializing with the family and friends. No meal seems to be complete without soft drinks.
This is how a soft drink impacts our health:
- SUGAR OVERLOAD: After the consumption of the drink our blood sugar shoots up, at this our liver convert every single sugar molecule into fat which will lead to weight gain and obesity.
- ASTHMA: It aggravates the problem of respiratory diseases.
- KIDNEY PROBLEMS: The artificial sweeteners present in the colas can damage one of the most important organ of our body that is kidney.
- REPRODUCTIVE ISSUES: Researches have shown that consuming colas on regular basis can have spermicidal effect. Hey man are you listening ??
- OBESITY: Colas are full of sugar and extra laden calories. Excess intake of colas will give you extra laden calories which will gift you obesity in return. so better avoid colas.
- OSTEOPOROSIS: Soft drinks contain high phosphorous content which interferes with the body’s ability to absorb calcium and can lead to osteoporosis, cavities and bone softening.
- RISK OF DIABETES: With sedentary lifestyle this is the major giant killer which has emerged in India. Non diabetic persons should avoid these drinks in order to keep diabetes away and diabetic persons should be careful as it increases blood glucose levels instantly.
- HEART DISEASE: Soft drink contain high amount of artificial sweetening agents and fructose content due to which there is increase risk of metabolic syndrome which can lead to elevated risk of heart disease.
- TEETH DAMAGE: Drinking colas can lead to tooth decay as the Ph level of colas is high which can damage the enamels quickly. so for that perfect '32', keep the colas away.
- METABOLISM LEVEL DECREASES: A glass of warm water can speed up your metabolic rate.A can of Cola can surely be tasty but it really decreases the metabolism and helps in destroying the fat burning enzymes in no time.
So let's say "Cheers" with lassi, coconut water,soups and bye to colas.