As the monsoon season is coming and the dictum “Prevention is better than cure” has always been right, few precautions are advised.
- Foremost important is to avoid contacts with Mosquitoes at any cost. Use repellents, mosquito net, keep the water cooler tank clean, etc.
- In case of fever, take Paracetamol and do cold sponging.
- Do not take Aspirin, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen or any other painkiller without your Doctor’s Consultation.
- Visit your doctor immediately and follow Prescription as advised.
- Have plenty of Fluid, ORS, Fruit Juices (can be added).
- Fever can take 3-10 days to resolve, so keep faith in your Doctor.
While doing cold sponging, do not keep a sponge in contact for more than 1min. Optimal method is to rub the wet sponge on the skin and then remove and repeat the process after 3-5min.