Today, India is dealing with deadly diseases as Japanese encephalitis, viral encephalitis, dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever, malaria, tuberculosis, filariasis. When these diseases turn catastrophic in rural or sub-urban areas, it creates so much of panic. Even person suffering from simple viral fever tends to panic. But did we think ever that how can these be prevented,if not cured? I think many of us have this one alarming question in our mind.
PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE
- it saves you from inflicting any loss of relationship due to death,
- saves you from economic loss,
- saves you from mental hazards and also saves your society.
- our medical treatment FAILS due to drug resistance, mutated parasites or vector resistance, but prevention from vectors or parasites can always be done to our best of ability for the need of us.
PREVENTION never bothers us about evolving vectors or parasites or developing drug resistance by us. We just need to strengthen our preventive measures in each and every house.
8 simple common indoor duties of our daily life,which can prevent these diseases are-
- Spray bleach or any insecticidal in your indoor drains, bathroom and toilet. Keep your bathroom accessories dry. Let sunlight reach your bathroom daily,if possible.
- Remove stagnant water in your house daily, spray in your household bushes daily. You can also use husk or shells of coconut or Neem leaves or egg carriers for fogging in your bushes,which will not allow mosquitoes to stay in there. Shave your bushes twice every year.
- Wear full sleeves to avoid mosquito bite.
- Use mosquito repellants daily during daytime and night, because aedes mosquito species (causing dengue, Japanese encephalitis) attack during early morning and late afternoon. So,it is reasonable to apply mosquito repellants during daytime and night.
- Wear a mask, if someone has fever in your home. It prevents rest of members in that house.
- Use mosquito net for infants and children under 5 years. Whenever your child sleep in daytime or night. Infants and Childs are more prone to these fatal diseases and fatal outcomes than adults.
- Keep your house floors dry and clean in every corner. Spray commercial insecticides in every corner of your house.
- Take vaccines in your health clinics or Government hospitals for adults and children for controlling vector borne diseases.
PREVENTION IS OUR BEST CHOICE. IF WE CHOOSE IT, WE LIVE SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL.
LET TREATMENT BE OUR LAST OPTION, WHO NEEDS IT.