Have you ever scoured through your granny's treasure trove of herbs and spices? Your grandma's homemade concoctions were so prized that till now those have not lost their worth. One such amazing herb that has been there since time immemorial for its outstanding health benefits is Jyeshtamadh or mulethi/licorice. It is a perennial herb found in different parts of Europe and Asia and offers many health benefits.
Apart from being used in formulating medicines, it is also popular as a flavoring agent owing to its natural sweetness. Let's have a quick look at the health benefits it brings along –Jyeshtamadh, the benefits
• Suffering from a sore throat? Try chomping on a mulethi stick. Loaded with bronchodilator and expectorant properties, it is one of the best remedies for sore throat, cold, and cough.
• Mulethi is packed with enzymes. So, making this age-old herb integral to your daily routine boosts your immunity by keeping you at a safe distance from allergies and infections.
• Presence of active compounds like carbenoxolone, glycyrrhizin, and others in mulethi are good for your tummy. These relieve stomach discomfort, constipation, acidity, and tons of other stomach-related issues.
• Mulethi is full of anti-inflammatory properties owing to which it has been found helpful in treating many inflammatory health conditions like arthritis.
• Longing for glowing skin? The emollient properties of mulethi can work wonders for you.
Chew on a mulethi stick or try having it in the form of tea coupled with ginger juice. Either way, it's going to help you.