Liver diseases signs,symptoms Diagnosis & treatment-
Liver Functions-Liver is a centre of metabolism. It works as a machine that has many functions including digestion of your food, processing and distribution. Food after absorption from the gastrointestinal tract is processed in the liver. Liver is the largest solid organ in the body, weighing on average 3.5 pound. Liver carries out several functions, including manufacture of essential proteins, fats and carbohydrates. The liver also serves to eliminate harmful biochemical waste products and detoxify alcohol,certain drugs and environmental toxins. The liver forms and secretes bile that contains bile acid to aid in the digestion and intestinal absorption of fat and fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, & K.
Most common causes of Liver diseases
1. Viruses- like hepatitis virus causing Hepatitis A, B, C.
2. Alcohol consumption leads to cirrhosis and degenerative liver changes.
3. Drugs- affected liver may not be able to eliminate the metabolites of the drugs from the liver, which are potentially harmful biochemical products and detoxify the body.
4. Low immune system affects the person entirely causing more complications.
Common signs and symptoms of Liver diseases
1. Jaundice that can occur when the liver is unable to properly metabolize or excrete the yellow pigment bilirubin in bile.
2. Bleeding or easy bruising that can occur when the liver is unable to make enough of the normal blood clotting proteins.
3. Swelling of the legs with fluid that can occur when liveris unable to make enough albumin and the serum albumin gets too low.
4. Fatigue that is of unknown cause but may be related to some impaired metabolic function of the liver where there is problem with energy production and distribution.
5. Gallstones may also develop with the defect in liver functioning.
6. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease- it is characterized by increased accumulation of fat especially triglycerides in the liver cell.
Home remedies or self-care-in Liver Diseases
1. Institution of a healthy lifestyle including a well-balanced diet, weight control.
2. Avoidance of excess alcohol consumption
3. A regular physical exercise program
4. Avoid sugar- too much sugar isn't just bad for your teeth,but it can harm your liver too.
5. Too much vitamin A may lead to liver toxicity
6. Avoid soft drinks- these are more likely to have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
7. Avoid taking too many drugs too frequently. It can harm your liver.
8. Maintain hygienic conditions always to stop the spread of the viruses.
Homeopathic treatment for Liver diseases
Homeopathic prescribing can achieve stunning, unexpected results. Homeopathy recognizes the ailments and chooses the required medicine but also considers the constitution, which predisposes the person to get this ailment in the first place. Consult expert homeopathic doctor at Dr. Sharda Homeopathy centre for personalized and effective homeopathic treatment. Get effective and safe homeopathic treatment for all Age groups. For long lasting rescue.
Few Homeopathic remedies for liver problems are Cardus mar, Chelidonium, Sulphur, carbo veg.