I read BKS Iyengar's quote on Surya Namaskar and it inspired me like anything.
"The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of the life". Yoga is an answer to deal with the chaos of city life. Something that help to calm down and relaxes the cluttered mind.
The mind that was functioning at the rate of fast paced city life yoga was the answer that triggered a slow healing process of inner self, apart from rendering mental clarity.
Surya Namaskar - Salutations To The Sun
One of the most important sequence of Asanas would be Surya Namaskar which means Salutations to the Sun - A way of expressing gratitude to the Sun for sustaining life on this planet.
Surya Namaskar includes a set of 12 fixed, cyclic postures synchronized with one's breath, which detoxifies and stimulate almost every organ of human body.
So even if you practice only these 12 Asnas, it is enough to benefit from yoga and if done early morning is even better as morning rays have different therapeutic benefits.
It revitalizes each and every cell of the body, gives physical strength, flexibility and mental calmness.
Each step is done chanting a particular mantra in order to express gratitude towards sun god.
Step wise mantras are as follows -
These mantras are nothing but names of Lord Surya.
1st step - Om Mitraya Namah
2nd step - Om Ravaye Namah
3rd step - Om Suryaya Namah
4th step - Om Bhanave Namah
5th step - Om Khagaya Namah
6th step - Om Pushne Namah
7th step - Om Hiranyagarbhaya Namah
8th step - Om Maricaye Namah
9th step - Om Adityaya Namah
10th step - Om Savitre Namah
11th step - Om Arkaya Namah
12th step - Om Bhaskaraya Namah and Om Shri Suryanarayana Namah
Health Benefits of Surya Namaskar-
Regular practice of Surya Namaskar has amazing health benefits
1) Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations, ideally done facing the early morning sun, helps our body to soak in its benefits - Sun rays are rich source of vit D and also help to strengthen bones and helps in maintaining clear vision.
2) Apart from improving ones posture, this Asana helps to reduce excess body flab.
3) Helps in toning the muscles.
4) Cyclic postures synchronized with ones breathe detoxifies there by balancing and maintaining lung capacity thus maintaining breathing rate.
5) Helps in maintaining proper circulation thus maintaining proper heart rate.
6) Forward bending positions of Surya Namaskar helps in stimulating the Psycho Neuro Endocrine Axis( PNE Axis) thereby regulating hormonal balance, Menstrual cycle.
7) Plays an important role in toning abdominal and pelvic muscles thus regular practice of Surya Namaskar helps in making childbirth easier.
8) Balances body's metabolic rate.
9) Improves digestion.
10) Relaxes the cluttered mind.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY AND MIND FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF