The most commonly quoted definition of health is that formalized by the World Health Organization (WHO) over half a century ago; “A complete state of Physical, Mental and Social well-being, and not merely the absence of Disease or Infirmity.”
Mental and Social diseases
Physical & Mental Health
Health is just understood absence of any physical ailments
- Good Mental Health is the ability to respond to the many varied experiences of life with flexibility and a sense of purpose. For e.g.: Grief, Disappointment, Ambitions unfulfilled, Loss of near ones,Loss of Position, Financial Loss, Jealousy, Revenge, Reserved displeasure
- Mental health has been defined as a state of balance between the individual & the surrounding world , a state of Harmony between oneself and others, a co existence between the realities of self and that of other people and that of the environment
- Social health is component which has something to do with interacting with others such as socializing with friends, relatives, and others in a desirable way; having friends of all ages ;and accepting responsibility for others
- Social determinants of health are elements in the environment in which youth live, learn, and play that shape their long term physical, mental, emotional health and well being.
Introduction to Homoeopathy
- Homeopathy is an international system with holistic concepts of treatment. The system is practiced in over 85 countries especially in Europe, Latin America, United States and Asia.Homeopathic remedies are made from plant, animal products, minerals or certain inert materials.
- The manufacturing of Homeopathic medicines is recognized and regulated by Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and the Drugs and Cosmetic Rule, 1945. The medicines are manufactured by established pharmaceutical companies under strict Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)notified by the Government. Homeopathy is recognised as one of the National system of medicine through the Homeopathy Central Council Act, 1973.
- Homeopaths understand that the body, mind and emotions are not independent and distinct, but are fully integrated in health,diseases and treatment. Based on this holistic perspective, homeopaths uses remedies prepared from natural sources that fit a patient's physical, mental,and social aspects to stimulate body’s own healing powers.
- The general public has tremendous faith towards Homeopathy for the treatment of acute and chronic health problems.Disease prevention and health promotion are its other strength. Homeopathic medicines have a positive and long lasting effect on allergic rhinitis, asthma,Back pains, Migraines, Allergies, Lifestyle disorders. Homeopath treat conditions ranging from headaches, fevers, stress, arthritis, maternal and pediatric problems, eczema and so on.
- Homeopathic medicines are used as a standalone treatment or as an adjunct with medicines of other systems for a variety of clinical conditions like Diabetes , Hypercholestrol, Thyroid, Depression. The main approach is diagnosis based on complete history of the disease in the patient as well as on an understanding of the patient’s temperament, personality,lifestyle and food habits.
- No Side effects, Safety of the medicines,easy to administer even to infants and economic considerations are the major attraction towards Homeopathy. The individualized treatment options especially for long term diseases are adding popularity of Homeopathy.