With 102 million men and 101 million women India seen a surge in obesity. It had 0.4 million obese men, or 1.3% of the global obese population in 1975, but in 2014, it zoomed into the fifth position with 9.8 million obese men, or 3.7% of the global population.Among women, India has jumped to the third rank with 20 million obese women (5.3% of global population). rising from 13th rank in 1975 and 5th the rank in 2015/16for both men and women.
Causes of Obesity (weight gain):
- The consumption of more food than is required for producing sufficient energy for the daily activities of the body. The excess products of digestion are accumulated in the tissues as fat;
- Obesity is due to nutritional disorder and eating of more fat which is accumulated mostly in the subcutaneous tissues;
- Obesity is caused more rapidly when a person avoids physical work and takes more rest and sleep after taking heavy meals during the day;
- Obesity is increased flatulent food, i.e. , rice, pulses, potatoes, beans, eggs, fat and fatty food;
- In some cases obesity is transferred from parents to their children;
- After frequent deliveries and abortions or after surgical operation in the body;
- In metabolic deficiency, the breakdown of protein, sugar and fat is poor and as such more part of the digested food is stored in the tissues of the body.
Obesity show complications only when any disease is associated with it. Diseases occurring due to obesity are as following
- Different type of cancers.
- Gall bladder diseases.
- Hepatic steatosis.
- Endocrine abnormalities.
- Lung functions impaired.
- Complications during pregnancy.
- Skin diseases.
Obesity Homeopathic Treatment
Homoeopathy is very proficient in managing all the symptoms of Obesity(weight Loss)and furthermore plays a vital role in preventing relapse of the condition. Homoeopathic medicines are prescribed on the basis of physical, emotional, and genetic makeup that individualizes a person. This constitutional approach framing mind and body works at the root-level.
Homeopathic treatment will make you feel like a new person by making you free of OBESITY. Homeopathic treatment is natural, safe, gentle and without side-effects. Another impressive thing about Homeopathy is that people on multiple medications can safely take Homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic drugs are non-habit forming and have no addictive characteristics.
There is no miracle cure for obesity, and most reputable weight loss solutions emphasize that diet, exercise and behavioral changes are more important than weight loss medications. Whether you choose natural weight loss or herbal weight loss, you will be required to adhere to a strict, healthy diet and exercise in conjunction with the remedy or herb
Daily Calories Requirement for weight loss in obesity:
A balanced diet contains an adequate amounts of Proteins, Vitamins and Minerals. Once the body weight comes to the standard level according to the height, the weight maintenance diets (adequate in Proteins, Vitamins and Minerals) should be taken to keep weight constant i. e. between 1700-1800 kcal. Therefore, daily diet should contain balanced amount of cereals, pulses, green leafy vegetables, other vegetables, roots, fruits, milk, fats and oils, sugar and jaggery, and groundnut.
Aim to lose 1 to 2 pounds weekly, suggests the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To accomplish this goal, eat 500 to 1,000 fewer calories than your usual intake. For example, if you normally eat 2,500 calories a day to maintain your current weight, eating 1,500 calories daily will help you shed about 2 pounds weekly. If your usual intake is 2,000 calories a day, a 1,500-calorie diet will help you lose 1 pound per week. As long as you stick with your 1,500-calorie meal plan daily, you should be able to achieve long-term weight-loss goals.
Understand the calorie equation and what it will take to create a calorie deficit for yourself each day.
To lose 1 pound of fat each week, you need to burn 500 calories per day more than you eat (there are 3500 calories in one pound of fat). There are 2 ways to create that deficit, eat less and move more. This can be tricky to do
- Fruits and green vegetables are low calorie foods, so over weight persons should use these more frequently.
- One should avoid intake of too much salt. Salt may be a factor for increasing the body weight.
- Milk products like cheese, butter should be avoided because these are rich in fat. Meat and non-vegetarian foods should also be avoided.
- Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for losing weight and can be used in a number of ways.
- Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful for losing weight.
- Taking of honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body and puts it into circulation, which is utilized as energy for normal functions. One should start with small quantity of about 10 GMs. or a table spoonful to be taken with hot water. It is good to take it in early morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.
- Cabbage is considered to be an effective remedy for losing weight. This vegetable inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. It can be taken raw or cooked.
- Exercise is an important part of weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat. In addition, it also relieves tension and tones up the muscles of the body. Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming, rowing.
- Lime juice is excellent for weight reduction. Juice of a lime mixed in a glass of warm water and sweetened with honey should be taken every morning on an empty stomach.
- Measure the portions of your food every meal and make sure that the portions are small. For example one portion of rice should not be more than the quantity which can fit in your fist. Smaller meals at a regular interval of 4 to 5 hours will keep your metabolism high and prevent your body from converting the food you intake into fat. You must also include regular exercise in your daily routine to help enhance weight reduction.