Here are some of the health benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Helps in weight loss.
- Helps to fight infections.
- Treats kidney and bladder stones.
- Most effective treatment for dry skin.
- Acts as an Anti-dandruff.
How to properly use coconut oil for weight loss?
The easiest way to start using coconut oil for weight loss is eating it by the spoonful.
Use the following guidelines to consume coconut oil before each meal:
1 tablespoon of pure coconut oil before each meal for a total of 3 TBS per day.
*If you find that coconut oil makes you a bit nauseous in the morning, it is recommended to be taken along with your black coffee shots.
How does it help to fight infections?
- For ear infection: Fill a sterilized eyedropper with organic, extra virgin coconut oil and put several drops into your ear canal to help soothe an ear infection. Lie still for several minutes to allow the oil to travel into the canal.
- For swelling and infections: Apply a coconut oil-based moisturizer to the skin following your bath or shower. The fatty acids in coconut oil help to re-establish the skin’s acidic balance and speed the healing of inflammation and infection
How to use coconut oil to treat kidney stones?1 tablespoon of coconut oil along with coconut water every day may provide greater benefit to kidney disease patients. 3.5 tablespoon of coconut oil (max.) is enough to kill the bad bacteria causing infection.
How to use coconut oil to retain moisture in dry skin?
Directly apply coconut oil all over the body and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. You can then bath with lukewarm water using a mild cleansing shower gel or wipe it off with a wet cotton cloth.
How can you use coconut oil to defeat dandruff?
If the longtime use of chemical shampoos, conditioners, styling products, or colourants has left you with itchy, flaky, dandruff—you can use coconut oil to heal your scalp. Just follow these steps daily and watch your dandruff problems disappear.
At the end of the day/half an hour before your bedtime, take the required amount of coconut oil and melt it and wait for your coconut oil to come to room temperature. Use your fingers to gently massage the oil into your scalp. (If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head upside-down in order to apply oil to your entire scalp). Wrap your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for best results. The following morning, you may use an organic shampoo to remove excess shed skin cells from your scalp.
Always go for coconut oil that is freshly prepared at the mill from the coconuts taken by you instead of store-bought oils, to get the actual benefits.