Here are 11 hair care tips:
- Tip 1: Dandruff is dead cells shed off regularly from scalp skin. If not cleaned regularly it accumulates and causes itching, infection. Regular hair shampoo is advised to maintain clean hygienic scalp. Medicated Anti Dandruff shampoo also controls Hair fall. Meet you Doctor to get one recommended.
- Tip 2: Shampoos, if used daily, can be too harsh to hair. Its advisable to shampoo hair twice a week. In Oily scalp or exposed to dust & dirt, a mild shampoo with good cleansing and no chemicals can be used Daily.
- Tip 3: Soaps or shampoos Scalp hair grow well in slight Acidic pH. Most pH balanced shampoos maintain mild acidic pH. Soaps are alkaline and do not favour hair growth.
- Tip 4: Conditioners protect the hair by thickening the hair shaft and reduce the course, the frizzy appearance of damaged hair. Leave in conditioner can be added to give a thicker coating.
- Tip 5: Head Oil Applying formulated head oils overnight can cause fungal growth under the oil film leading to itching. Hair oil 1 hr before the bath is enough to moisturize the scalp and hair.
- Tip 6: Swimming Excess chlorine makes hair dull which becomes frizzy and break easily. Swimmers shampoo will help remove chlorine from the Hair and scalp.
- Tip 7: Sun damage exposure to UV light triggers the formation of Oxidant radicals in the scalp skin which causes premature greying, ageing and hair loss. Wear a cap when in direct sunlight. Green tea/Antioxidants can help contain the damage.
- Tip 8: Rain shower due to high levels of pollution even normal rainwater becomes acidic. Rinse your scalp well if it gets wet in the rain
- Tip 9: Sweating/Exercise Improves blood flow to the scalp and cleanses the carbon dioxide waste from the body. Sweating is the best way to remove toxins from the body.
- Tip 10: Pollution Particle pollution and chemical pollutants tend to settle on the hair and scalp causing irritation, itching. Use a soft brush twice a day to clean the grime & dirt. It makes hair look well groomed & shiny.
- Tip 11: Itching is caused by dryness, poor hygiene, fungal infection, pollution, lice.
Meet your Doctor to get it evaluated.