Some General Guidelines for eating healthy food:
- Have yellow fruits or vegetables in one of the meal
- Have some sprouts every day (gives vitamin C)
- Have Green Leafy vegetables once in a day(gives vitamins and minerals)
- Have seasonal fruits and vegetables in rotation
- Have some juices (fruits or green leafy vegetables ) they are alkaline and contain good enzymes easy to digest.
- Food should be Hot when eaten.
- You should eat in silence and eat with more awareness.
- Never full your stomach fully (keep at least a quarter empty).
- Sit for 10-15 min in Vajrasana after meals.
- Walk a 100 steps after that.
- Rest for half an hour on your left after lunch.
Ingredients: 1 cup Hara mung, ½ an onion, a small piece of ginger, jeera powder, coriander leaves, salt, pepper, chaat masala, lime.
Hara mung Tikki (kebabs)
Protein-packed has fibre and has nutrients like manganese, potassium, zinc, palate and copper.
1. Soak 1 cup of raw hara mung beans overnight in water.
2. Morning washes them, drain the water, add 1 cup of fresh water and boil till tender.
3. Remove all the water by straining it.
4. Let it dry for half an hr.
5. Then mash adding some grated ginger, onion finely chopped, coriander leaves, jeera powder, salt and pepper (to taste)
6. Take one teaspoon olive oil, mix well in the mashed hara mung.
7. Put some oil in your palm.
8. Make small round tikkis.
9. Take a non-stick pan and roast it with a little olive or sesame oil gently, till brown on both sides
10. Serve with some lime and chaat masala on it