To start with, exercise should be done sitting and the feet must rest on the floor or stool. Exercises should be done at least 4 times a day.
- Mobilization Exercise: To be done only once a day and once only.
- Head bending forwards.
- Head bending backwards.
- Head bending to the left side trying to touch left shoulder.
- Head bending to the right side trying to touch right shoulder.
- Head turning to look towards left side.
- Head turning to look towards right side.
Progression of the exercises: (5 times , increase to 7-10 times).
- With ½ kg.weight in each arm:
- Arms lift forwards and up and down.
- Arms lift sideways and up and down.
- Arms lift forwards, part and together.
- Do not look down to read (or do any other work).Try and bring reading material to the eye level.
- All the movements can be performed with practice, by using trunk movements.
- Use a thin pillow supporting the head and neck, pillow line. Upto the shoulders only.
- While lying on sides, head should be in neutral position . Use one pillow and your hand, to adjust the head, or in addition, one small pillow to adjust the head.