Over 80 %Indian experience back pain in their lifetime, so chances are you are one of them.
If you experience back pain then you will know it can impact on all sorts of daily activities from tying shoelaces to lifting your child and even general movements.
- The first thing to remember is that most back pain is not due to a serious disease or health conditions – and it can be helped.
- Secondly, each episode of back stiffness and he eyed and figure out the cause of each episode, accumulation of damage to structure leads to eventual failure of spinal structures. At this stage, physical therapy alone will not be effective and you will need more extensive intervention with injections, block or surgery.
A study revealed that if symptoms were addressed early, 95% of herniated disc patient would not require surgery.
- Next, according to the Washington Post, Spinal Fusion surgeries increased from 56,000 in 1994 to 4, 65,000 in 2011!That is an 8 times increase in the rate of back surgeries in 7 years!!The Washington Post surveyed 1,25,000 patients charts in 2013 and found the cast majority of people were having surgery, before trying more appropriate conservative measures, especially physical therapy. Not only physical therapy is far less costly then surgeries, a study by Harvard Health revealed that physical therapy is as good as surgery and less risky for lumbar canal stenosis.
While In some cases, surgery is absolutely needed, the vast majority of people just need physiotherapist to just get rid of their low back pain and start an active healthy lifestyle.
Many people take OTC medications, to get through their day with back pain. Millions of people nationwide take stronger prescription pain medication, which has strong side effects. However, what most people do not understand is that pain pills only mask the pain; they don’t fix the underlying mechanical problem. It is like turning the radio up in your car to drown out the squeaking notice from a bad car part that needs fixing.
With pain medication, many people actually have worsening pain over time, because their mechanical problem gets worse. In fact, it is very common to increase injury to the spine because you do not feel the pain. Pain is your body’s natural way of telling you to stop stressing the area.
What can you do?
- See a specialist physical therapist, ideally one that has a hands-on experience of 10 years of our practice.
- Work with your doctor and physiotherapist to restore your normal spinal motion, strength, coordination and balance.
- Follow the recommendations after your pain is better to maintain a healthy spine.
- Improve your workstations and home ergonomics to protect your spine, moving correctly to perform everyday tasks like sleeping, driving, reading, etc. our physical therapy program teaches you how to do this.
Why choose us?
- Physiotherapy is a science of blending physiology with exercise and applying this principle to the body.
- Our physiotherapist can identify factors contributing to your specific back problem and design a treatment plan and management program just right for you.
- Our physiotherapists work collaboratively with their patients and clients, thus our treatment plans are designed for each person’s individual goals, challenges and needs.
- Backed up by more than 10 years of experience in the non-surgical and non-invasive treatment of back pain.
- We have successfully treated over 4000 patients and helped them overcome their back problem without medicine and surgery.
If you are concerned about your back pain, give us a call to speak with one of our physiotherapists. If you know someone who is suffering from back pain, forward this article to him or her.
It’s time to ditch the pills and to get back to an active, a pain-free, flexible and strong spine.