Dandruff/ Dry Scalp is a very old and common problem that most children & adults face.
- Increased intake of dry, cold, oily, spicy, and penetrating foods
- Hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands such as sweat glands
- Environmental allergens such as dust, cobwebs, sunlight, certain fabrics, soaps, shampoos and even certain types of food are sometimes responsible for dandruff
- Some people have skins that are sensitive to seasonal changes. These people are also very vulnerable to dandruff.
- Stress is directly related to dandruff. People who live in a constant state of anxiety are prone to dandruff.
- Excessive cosmetic hair treatments such as hair-conditioning and hair-coloring, using hair curlers, perms and hair-bonding often result in a weak skin and eventually lead to dandruff
- Appearance of white flakes on scalp
- Dryness of scalp
- Continuous itchy feeling on the scalp
- Redness and irritation on the scalp
- Softness of the scalp skin
- Indigestion, acne or acidity may also be indicative symptoms