“WHEN STANDING BECOMES EASIER THAN SITTING AND WALKING IS EASIER THAN SITTING IN A LUXURY CAR. IF YOU ARE NOT TAKING CARE TODAY, THEN TOMORROW YOU MIGHT PREFER TO WORK IN STANDING POSITION”.
In this fast paced life, we often neglect our health until it significantly impair quality of life and we loose hope when pain becomes unbearable.
Coccydynia/Tailbone pain, is a pain in coccyx bone or end part of spine, usually bought by sustain pressure or accidental pressure on coccyx by various reasons like-
- Sitting abruptly for prolong periods (Like IT industry and sitting professionals)
- Fall on buttocks like steps, bathrooms etc.
- Accidental injuries like bike or car accidents.
- Sports injuries like cycling, skiing, football, volleyball etc.
- Post pregnancy
- Pain intensifies during and after sitting.
- Acute pain while moving from sitting to standing.
- Pain worsens by sitting on soft or hard surfaces.
- Deep ache around the coccyx.
- Sensitivity to finger pressure on tip of tailbone and sometimes rectal burning.
- Pain during and after bowel movements.
- Pain during sexual intercourse, either men or women.
- Pain increase during menstrual cycle.
With coccydynia sometimes patients experiences sitting on knife or on pebbles that moves around. As the day progresses pain is felt while lying supine or straight and even during walking.
There are some similar conditions where pain in coccyx can occur and it may not be coccydynia, therefore its better to have differential diagnosis done like-
Pilonidal Sinus, Pudendal Neuralgia, Piriformis syndrome, S.I Joint Dysfunction etc.