Both chickengunia and dengue are viral disease transmitted to humans by infected mosquitoes.
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash
DIAGNOSIS ELISA test may confirm the presence of IgM and IgG anti-chickengunia antibodies
PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- Reducing the number of natural and artificial water-filled container habitats that support breeding of the mosquitoes.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- Insecticides may be sprayed to kill flying mosquitoes.
- . These mosquitoes can be found biting throughout daylight hours, though there may be peaks of activity in the early morning and late afternoon.So prevention is must during these hours.
WHAT HOMOEOPATHY CAN OFFER
Homoeopathy has prevention as well cure of chickengunia as well as dengue.Joints pain which linger on for months to years after fever can be wonderfully cured by Homoeopathic medicines with a week with no relapse.