When the shoulder becomes painful and can't move normally because of inflammation is termed as Frozen Shoulder. Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.֤
- Due to Cervical disc disease of neck.
- Most common medical conditions like diabetes and heart diseases.
- Recovering from any kinds of shoulder trauma or surgery.
- Lack of exercise due to pain or wounds in shoulder.
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others.
- Due to hormonal imbalances.
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder.
- Heart surgery or spinal surgeries.
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle.
- Restricted movement of shoulder.
- Pain around the neck and shoulder.
- Hardness of muscles and joint around shoulder.
- Stiffness around the shoulder usually happens in one shoulder at a time.
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily.
- Warm fomentation : Warm fomentation help to relax shoulder muscles which leads to facilitate movement of shoulder. You can use warm epsom salt water for this purpose.
- Exercises : Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises.This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. These activities can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Controlling sugar level : Increased blood sugar level may increase the stiffness of shoulder muscles and affect the nerve conductivity. Haridra and Amalaki powder are very helpful to control blood sugar level.
- Acupuncture : Acupuncture considered one of the best treatment choices for any joint and nerve related problem. The treatment is based on focusing on the trigger points of the pain and putting pressure on them via needles. The treatment is not painful and is known to produce good results in the long run.
- Auto Recovery : Mostly frozen shoulder spontaneously recovered after six month.
- Dietary supplements : Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfalfa and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder.
- Varunadi Kwatha : An Ayurvedic decoction in the amount of 30 ml twice a day before food can help to recover shoulder pain easily.
- Simhanada Guggulu : 1 tab twice a day after food along with above mentioned kwatha.
- Lasunadi Rasayana also helpful in shoulder pain.