What is Copper-T?
- Copper T is a intrauterine device used for emergency as well as long tern contraception.
- It releases small amount of copper into the uterus to prevent pregnancy.
How effective it is?
- It had given 99% effective results.
- Life of an Copper-T device is 5 to 10 years.
- In cases of emergency contraception use it within 5 days or 120 hours of unprotected intercourse.
How to use Copper-T?
- It is insured into the uterus in OPD.
- There is no need of admission.
Advantages of Copper-T
- 99% effective.
- 5 to 10 years contraception.
- OPD based procedure.
- Can be used while breastfeeding.
- Can be used during any medications.
- Easy to remove whenever required.
Side effects of Copper-T
- Abdominal cramps after insertion, which lasts for few days
- Menstrual flow becomes heavier