- Eat more foods with fiber. Have oranges, ginger and amla regularly and avoid white flour, white rice and sugar.
- Simply replace white flour with whole wheat flour. The whole wheat flour contains all the vitamins, minerals, proteins and fiber that are naturally present in the grain.
- White rice can be replace with brown rice and wild rice. Brown rice facilitates many health improvements, including lower blood pressure and lower risk of diabetes.
- Instead of eating a sugary snack, eat a fruit. The boost of antioxidants will reinforce your veins and the extra fiber will help you lose weight by keeping you full longer.
- The best foods for varicose veins are those that contains Rutin. Rutin is a flavonoid which reduces the fragility and permeability of capillaries, therefore reducing your risk of developing new varicose veins. Natural sources of Rutin are Apples, Cherries, Blackberries, Grapes, Apricot etc
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and it will prevent blood clots which ultimately lead to varicose veins.
Severe calf pain, bulging varicose veins, skin darkening and venous ulcers on the legs need an attention of a doctor. A colour doppler ultrasound helps in knowing severity and can then be treated accordingly.