In our society, snoring is a part of life to be dealt with the snorer and the spouse. People get annoyed with snoring or make fun of it. But nobody is bothered much about its tremendous health hazards. Here are the signs you must check if you are a snorer. If you are experiencing these, you are probably suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
- Loud snoring and multiple arousals in between sleep
- Choking spells
- Dryness in the throat at night and after getting up in the morning
- A morning headache
- Not feeling fresh after long hours of sleep
- Feeling too hot/ cold at night
- Bad quality of sleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness (drowsiness)
- Dullness and lack of energy throughout the day
- Poor concentration and memory
OSA needs treatment:
If this condition is not treated over a period of time, your brain and heart get damaged. It also affects your intellect and mental well-being.
Do not take snoring for granted. It is treatable. Live well and sleep well.