1. Who is a gastroenterologist?
A gastroenterologist is a doctor who specializes in analysis as well as treatment of disorders of gastrointestinal tract and liver. Gastroenterology is basically a branch of medicine which deals with diseases which affect the gastrointestinal tract, which encompasses organs from your mouth till the anus.
2. Disorders of which body parts are treated by a Gastroenterologist?
Disorders of your stomach, liver, entire digestive tract, oesophagus, small intestine, rectum, colon, pancreas, gall bladder and bile ducts are treated by a gastroenterologist
3. Can a Gastroenterologist perform colonoscopy?
Yes, a gastroenterologist can perform colonoscopy. As a gastroenterologist receives special training in treating gastrointestinal diseases, he or she can easily perform colonoscopy.
4. Is endoscopy safe?
Yes, endoscopy is a totally safe procedure. In only very rare cases, complications crop up and these include bleeding. The risk of bleeding complications after an endoscopy is increased if the process involves the removal of a piece of tissue for the purpose of testing (this is known as biopsy) or treatment of any kind of digestive system disease.
5. When should one consult a Gastroenterologist immediately?
You should consult a gastroenterologist immediately if you experience diarrhoea or are suffering from constant heartburn, you suspect gall stones, your diet is leading to bloating in the body, ulcer in stomach, constipation or you have to get a colonoscopy done. Cancer screening is also done by gastroenterologists.
• Knee Replacement in Delhi • Kidney Transplant in Delhi • Hair Transplant Surgery in Delhi • Infertility Treatment - IVF in Delhi • Circumcision in Delhi • Spine surgery in Delhi • Laminectomy in Delhi • Discectomy in Delhi • Bariatric Surgery in Delhi • Gastric Bypass Surgery in Delhi • MTP/Medical Abortion in Delhi • Surgical Abortion in Delhi • Lasik in Delhi • IVF in Delhi • Fertility Treatment in Delhi • IUI in Delhi • Rhinoplasty in Delhi • Circumcision in Delhi • Breast Surgery - Breast Implant in Delhi • Breast Surgery - Breast Reduction in Delhi • Breast Surgery - Breast Augmentation in Delhi