Frequently Asked Questions
What is Breast Implant surgery and who can perform?
Breast Implant surgery helps in restoring or enhancing the look of the original breast by reshaping and resizing the breasts by using implants made of saline, silicone, and other ingredients. This surgery can be performed by an experienced Plastic surgeon or a Cosmetic surgeon who has performed several successful Breast Implant Surgeries.
What are the applications of Breast Implant Surgery?
Applications of Breast Implant Surgery are the following:
- Breast Implants can be used to increase the volume and enhance the natural appearance.
- To correct asymmetrical breasts for fuller and firmer breasts.
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
What are the reasons to get Breast Implant Surgery?
To get Breast Implant Surgery, the following may be the reasons:
- Reconstruction of the breast after removal of the partial or whole breast
- Cosmetic breast enlargement
- Hypoplasia left and right breast is of different shape and size, underdeveloped breast tissue, etc.
- Implant replacement
What are the preparations required for Breast Implant Surgery?
Few preparations will be suggested by the doctor before the surgery:
- The health condition of the patient may be checked by the doctor before undergoing Breast Implant.
- The doctor may suggest undergoing a few lab tests and other examinations
- About the risks, complications, and uses of breast Implant should be discussed with the doctor.
- The patient may be asked to sign a consent form before undergoing this surgery/procedure.
What is the stepwise procedure for performing Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast Implant Surgery involves the following steps:
- Local or general anesthesia will be given to the patient prior to the surgery.
- Incisions will be made in the target area surrounding the breast region depending on the size and shape of the implant needed to be placed.
- Implants made of silicone or saline would be placed inside or either below the breast muscle or over the glands. And will be adjusted until the desired shape and size is achieved and incisions made will be closed and dressed with sterile bandages
What is postprocedure care for patients who had Breast Implant Surgery?
- Keep the chest area clean to prevent any infections.
- Surgical dressings should be removed by your doctor only.
- Prefer to wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Visit your doctor for regular follow-ups.
- Eat nutritious food to boost your immune system.
- Sleep on the back until the surgery heals completely.
How much amount should I pay for Breast Implant Surgery in Delhi?
Charges for Breast implants in Delhi may change depending on factors such as:
Health condition of the patient
- The admission room that you opted for
- Type of hospital
- Surgeon fee
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Age of the patient
- Type of surgery planned to be performed
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
- Admission fee
- Type of implants used
Minimum price in Delhi starts from Rs.50,000
Average expenses in Delhi is approximately Rs.1,27,000
Maximum cost in Delhi rises up to Rs.3,00,000
What is the criteria required for the patients to undergo Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast Implant surgery is recommended for:
- Women over the age of 18 can get saline breast implants and over 22 years can opt for silicone breast implants.
- Women who underwent a mastectomy or had undesirable results after using other options like fat grafting, pills, and creams, etc.
Who cannot undergo Breast Implant Surgery?
- Saline breast implants are not recommended if the age is less than 18 years.
- Silicone breast implants are not recommended if the age is less than 22 years.
- Individuals who do not require a change in their breast size and shape or had already undergone the fat grafting method.
- People with heart diseases and weak immune system.
What are the complications and risks involved in Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast Implant Surgery has the following risks and complications:
- Redness, swelling, severe pain in the breast region
- Difficulty in breastfeeding
- Toxic shock or infections at the site of incisions
- Delayed wound healing
- Rupture, misplacement or extrusion of the implant
- Uneven shape and size of the breast even after the surgery
- Hardening of the area of the breast surrounding the breast Implants
- Loss of sensation in nipples and around the breast area
What is the time required to complete Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast Implant surgery may take about 2 to 3 hours to complete.
What is the success rate of Breast Implant Surgery?
A few factors may determine the success rate of Breast Implant surgery and they are:
- Patient age
- Type of surgery performed
- Experience of the surgeon
- The medical condition of the patient
However, the success rate of Breast Implant maybe 60%.
Does a patient experience any pain during Breast Implant Surgery?
Anesthesia will be given to numb the area so that pain can’t be felt. There may be pain and discomfort in the breast or chest region. These signs will be present for about a few days after the surgery.
Is Breast Implant Surgery a permanent procedure/surgery?
Breast implants surgery is a temporary enhancement and the implants should be removed from the body after a few years.
What are the available options if Breast Implant Surgery is not successful?
If the Breast Implant is not successful then your doctor may recommend:
- Revision surgery to reshape the breast
- Removal of Breast Implants
- Removing the scar tissue surrounding the Breast Implant area
What can be the alternatives for Breast Implant Surgery?
Other options for Breast Implant Surgery are:
- Fat grafting
- Breast lift surgery
- Using pills and creams