Frequently Asked Question:
What is Nose Surgery and who can perform?
Nose Surgery is a surgical procedure that reshapes the damaged nose and also reduces sinus problems. It is done by modifying the bone and cartilage of the nose. It is also known as a nose job.
Types of Nose surgery are:
- Closed nose surgery
- Open nose surgery
Nose Surgery is performed by
- Plastic Surgeon or Cosmetic Surgeon
- A trained Ear-Nose-Throat [ENT] doctor
What are the applications of Nose Surgery?
Applications of Nose Surgery are the following:
- Provides the desired shape of the nose
- Decreases the snoring
- Restores facial symmetry
- Reduce sinus problems
- Improves breathing
- Boosts the self-confidence in people who suffer from self-esteem due to irregular nose shape
- Restores facial symmetry
- Fixes the broken nose bone
What are the reasons to get Nose Surgery?
To get Nose Surgery, the following may be the reasons:
- Nasal hump
- To change the size of the nose
- Irregularities in nose
- Broken nose
- To change the angle of the nose
- Too wide or elevated or drooping nasal tip
- To reshape the tip of the nose
What are the preparations required for Nose Surgery?
- The health condition of the patient may be checked by the doctor before undergoing Nose Surgery.
- The doctor may suggest undergoing a few lab tests and other examinations.
- Nose photos will be taken from various angles to compare them with the nose after completion of the surgery.
- About the risks, complications, and uses of Nose Surgery should be discussed with the doctor.
- The patient should inform about past and present medical and medication history to the doctor.
- The patient should sign a consent form before undergoing this surgery/procedure.
What is the post-surgery care taken for patients?
- Should not play sports like rugby, and cricket for about 6 weeks.
- Most of the time hold the head in upwards direction.
- Keep the nose area clean to prevent any infections.
- Avoid blowing the nose or sneezing.
- Take the painkillers prescribed by the doctor in case of bleeding, swelling, and pain in the nose.
How much amount should pay Nose Surgery in Delhi?
Charges for Nose Surgery in Delhi may change depending on factors such as:
- Health condition of the patient
- The admission room that you opted for
- Type of hospital
- Surgeon fee
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Age of the patient
- Type of surgery planned to be performed.
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
- Admission fee
Minimum price in Delhi starts from Rs. 15,000
Average expenses in Delhi is approximately Rs. 86,000
Maximum cost in Delhi rises up to Rs. 1,50,000
What is the criteria required for the patients to undergo Nose Surgery?
- Individuals who are suffering from sinus problems due to the irregular shape of the nose bone and cartilage.
- People who are not happy with the shape of their nose
- Females of age above 17 and males above 15 years of age are recommended
Who cannot undergo Nose Surgery?
- Cardiac disease
- Bleeding disorders
- Clotting disorders
What are the risks and complications of Nose Surgery?
Nose Surgery has the following risks and complications:
- Formation of blood clots
- Rupture of blood vessels in the nose
- Hole in the septum
- Difficulty in breathing
- Presence of scars on the nose
- Irregularities in the shape of the nose
- Unsatisfactory results
- Heavy bleeding from the nose
- Infection of the nose
What is the time required to complete Nose Surgery?
Nose Surgery may take about 2-3 hours to complete.
What is the complete recovery time for Nose Surgery?
Recovery time from Nose Surgery maybe 2-3 weeks and depends on the health condition of the patient.
What is the success rate of Nose Surgery?
A few factors may determine the success rate of Nose Surgery and they are:
- Patient age
- Type of surgery performed
- Experience of the surgeon
- Medical condition of the patient
However, the success rate of Nose Surgery maybe 30% to 45%.
Does a patient experience any pain during Nose Surgery?
During the surgery, the patient doesn’t feel any pain due to the anesthetic effect.
Is Nose Surgery a permanent procedure?
Nose surgery is a permanent surgical procedure as it reshapes the nose by modifying the bone and cartilage.
What can be the long-term effects of Nose Surgery?
- Restores the shape of the nose
- Improves patients quality of life
What can be done if Nose Surgery fails?
The doctor may suggest undergoing revision surgery, in case of a failed Nose surgery.
What are the alternative methods for Nose Surgery?
Other options for Nose Surgery are the following:
- Nose fillers
- Nose lifters