Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Nose Surgery and its advantages?
Nose Surgery is a surgical procedure that helps to reshape the damaged nose and also reduces sinus problems. It involves modifying the cartilage and bone of the nose. It is also known as a nose job.
Types of Nose surgery are:
- Open nose surgery
- Closed nose surgery
Advantages of Nose Surgery are the following:
- Fixes the broken nose bone
- Boosts the self-confidence in people who suffer from self-esteem due to irregular nose shape
- Decreases the snoring
- Improves breathing
- Reduce sinus problems
- Provides the desired shape of the nose
- Restores facial symmetry
What are the indications of Nose Surgery?
Indications of Nose Surgery are the following:
- To narrow the nostrils
- Too wide or elevated or drooping nasal tip
- To straighten the nose bridge
- Broken nose
- To change the size of the nose
- Irregularities in nose
- To change the angle of the nose
- Nasal hump
- To reshape the tip of the nose
What can be the preparation for Nose Surgery?
- Before undergoing the surgery, the medical condition of the patient will be checked by the doctor.
- The patient should inform past and present medical and medication history to the doctor.
- A few lab tests or other examinations may be recommended by the doctor to the patient.
- Discuss all the risks and complications along with the benefits of Nose Surgery with the doctor.
- Nose photos will be taken from various angles to compare them with the nose after completion of the Nose Surgery.
- Before the surgery, the patient should sign a consent form.
What is the recovery care for Nose Surgery?
Few steps are recommended by the doctor for the recovery from Nose Surgery and they are:
- Should not play sports like rugby, and cricket for about 6 weeks.
- Keep the nose area clean to prevent any infections.
- Take the pain killers prescribed by the doctor in case of bleeding, swelling, and pain in the nose.
- Most of the time hold the head in upwards direction.
- Avoid blowing the nose or sneezing.
Which specialist can perform the Nose Surgery?
- Plastic Surgeon or Cosmetic Surgeon
- A trained Ear-Nose-Throat [ENT] doctor
How much does Nose Surgery cost in Pune?
Factors that may affect the cost of Nose Surgery are:
- Surgeon fee
- Type of implants used
- Patient age
- Type of surgery planned to be performed
- Type of hospital
- Medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Admission fee
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
Minimum expenses in Pune starts from Rs. 35,000
Average amount to be paid in Pune is approximately Rs. 77,826
Maximum charges in Pune rise up to Rs. 1,50,000
To what kind of people Nose Surgery is recommended?
Nose Surgery is recommended in the following individuals:
- People who are not happy with the shape of their nose
- Females of age above 17 and males above 15 years of age are recommended
- Individuals who are suffering from sinus problems due to the irregular shape of the nose bone and cartilage.
To what kind of people Nose Surgery is not recommended?
Nose Surgery is not recommended to the individuals who are suffering:
- Cardiac disease
- Clotting disorders
- Bleeding disorders
What are the risks and complications associated with Nose Surgery?
Risks and complications of Nose Surgery are:
- Formation of blood clots
- Hole in the septum
- Infection of the nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Scarring on the nose
- Unsatisfactory results
- Heavy bleeding from the nose
- Irregularities in the shape of the nose
- Rupture of blood vessels in the nose
How much time does Nose Surgery take to complete?
To complete Nose Surgery surgery, the surgeon may take almost 2-3 hours.
How long does it take to recover from Nose Surgery?
It may take around 2-3 weeks to recover from Nose Surgery.
What is the success rate of Nose Surgery?
The factors that affect the success rate of Nose Surgery are:
- Experience of the surgeon
- Type of surgery performed
- Patient age
- Health condition of the patient
However, the success rate of Nose Surgery maybe 30% to 45%.
Does Nose Surgery cause pain?
During the surgery, the patient doesn’t feel any pain due to the anesthetic effect.
Is Nose Surgery a permanent procedure?
Nose surgery is a permanent surgical procedure as it reshapes the nose by modifying the bone and cartilage.
What are the long-term results of Nose Surgery?
- Restores the shape of the nose
- Improves patients quality of life
What can be done if Nose Surgery fails?
If Nose Surgery fails, then the doctor may suggest undergoing revision surgery.
What are the other treatments apart from Nose Surgery?
Alternative treatment options apart from Nose Surgery are the following:
- Nose fillers
- Nose lifters