Frequently Asked Questions
What is IUI and who can perform?
Intrauterine Insemination is a medical treatment method for infertility issues. Thus helps in fertilization by increasing the sperm count. IUI is performed by coordinating with medicines to treat infertility and menstrual cycle.
IUI can be performed by a well experienced and qualified Gynecologist.
What are the applications of IUI?
Applications of IUI are the following:
- When compared with other infertility treatments, IUI is less expensive
- Increases the sperm count
- Can be performed in the doctor office
- Decreased chance of vaginal inflammation
What are the reasons to get IUI?
To get IUI, the following may be the reasons:
- Failure of the sperm to enter the uterus
- Failure of medical fertility treatment
- Male infertility
- Cervical mucus problems
- Infertility due to unexplained reasons
- Ejaculation dysfunction
What are the preparations required for IUI?
- The doctor will check the medical condition of the patient before undergoing IUI.
- A few lab tests may be recommended by the doctor.
- The patient should discuss all the advantages, and risks of IUI with the Gynecologist.
- The patient must tell the doctor regarding the present and past medical and medication history.
What is the stepwise procedure for performing IUI?
- With the help of speculum, the cervix is examined.
- Washed sample of sperm is introduced into the uterus.
What is the post-procedure care taken for patients?
- Should not participate in sexual intercourse until the doctor says.
- Frequently consult the doctor to get an overview of the progression of the procedure.
- Avoid taking any painkillers without doctor consultation.
How much amount should pay for IUI in Delhi?
Charges for IUI in Delhi may change depending on the factors such as:
- Health condition of the patient
- The admission room that you opted for
- Type of hospital
- Doctor fee
- Number of treatment cycles
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Age of the patient
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
- Admission fee
Minimum price in Delhi starts from Rs. 8,925
Average expenses in Delhi is approximately Rs. 26,250
Maximum cost in Delhi rises up to Rs. 42,000
What is the criteria required for the patients to undergo IUI?
- Couples who failed to conceive even after having unprotected sexual intercourse for one to two years.
- Couples of the same sex, who are willing to get conceive.
- Females with good condition of reproductive organs but failed to conceive.
- Single women who like to get pregnant.
Who cannot get IUI?
Patients with the conditions as below cannot get IUI:
- Blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Failed history of IUI
- Male partner infertility
- Patients with pelvic infections
- Individuals suffering from Tubal disease
What can be the risks and complications that are involved in IUI?
- Mood swings
- Chance of multiple pregnancies
- Low birth weight
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling and rashes at and around the site of injection
- Ovarian cysts
- Vaginal bleeding
What is the success rate of IUI?
A few factors may determine the success rate of IUI and they are:
- Patient age
- Sperm motility
- Experience of the doctor
- The medical condition of the patient
- Ovulation period
- The condition of the female reproductive organs
The success rate of IUI increases 20% per each treatment cycle.
Can the patient feel pain during IUI?
During the IUI procedure, there may be a mild to moderate pain which can be tolerable..
What if IUI fails?
If IUI fails, the following are the other options:
- Medical treatment to increase sperm motility
- Oval stimulation
- In-Vitro Fertilization
What are the alternative techniques for IUI?
Alternative methods for IUI are the following:
- Donor sperm
- Reproductive surgery
- In vitro fertilization [IVF]
- Donor embryos
- Zygote intrafallopian transfer [ZIFT]
- Donor eggs
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer [GIFT]
- Fertility drugs