Care for great hair? If you do not have time or resources to avail the services of a salon for your hair, then you can simply use the goodness of home items, like yogurt and lime, to rejuvenate your hair from roots to tips.
Yogurt for Healthy Hair
Yogurt is a common household item and is laden with lactic acid that works wonders on dull hair. Yogurt also contains zinc that provides your hair with hydration and optimum moisture. Use yogurt in the following ways to salvage your hair:
- Massage your scalp with yogurt to combat dandruff and dry scalp problems. The lactic acid possesses anti-fungal properties that effectively reduce dandruff.
- Use it as a natural hair conditioner and leave it on the scalp for 10 minutes before washing it off. It reduces itching and hydrates the hair follicles.
- Make a hair mask by beating up two egg whites and mixing it with five spoons of yogurt. Apply this mask on your hair for 15 minutes and wash away for shinier and less frizzy hair.
- Combine yogurt with ground methi seeds for an ideal remedy for hair fall. Leave it on the scalp for 45 minutes to strengthen roots and then wash it off. Repeat this routine at least once a week for best results.
- For a lustrous and voluminous mane, mix yogurt with coconut oil and aloe vera gel.Allow this cool mixture to rest on your hair for 30 minutes. These three ingredients work together to give you a guaranteed solution for dull hair.
Lime for Healthy Hair
Rich in vitamin C, lime also works as an antiseptic and can be used as a substitute to shampoo. Use lime for lustrous locks in the following ways:
- Lime makes a wonderful treatment plan to get rid of dandruff. Mix lemon juice with coconut oil and massage deeply into the scalp. Wash it off after half an hour. The acid in the lime makes the scalp unfit for the fungus to grow on. For maximum results,squeeze some lime into a mug and use it as a last rinse.
- Mix with honey and use it as a hair mask for super shiny locks.
- The antioxidant and acidic properties can lighten your hair and give you amazing highlights at the cost of one lemon! Squeeze out few limes and store the juice in a spray bottle.
- Spray it on the desired area at night before sleeping and watch your hair change shades overnight. (Note: The highlights of this remedy are visible on browner shades of hair.)
Double Power: Lime + Yogurt:
Boost dandruff removal by making a mixture of yogurt and lime and leaving it on the roots for 20 minutes. Lime and yogurt work together to clean out the scalp even more efficiently.
Accentuate the lighter tones in your hair by adding two spoons of lime juice to one cup yogurt and apply it on your mane. Get an enhanced look with professional streaks done at home itself!