Eyecare is very important during winter. The temperature in winter can pose a threat to the eye. Here are the simple tips for maintaining healthy eyes especially during winter.
- An indoor heater can easily dry out eyes and cause irritation. When the humidity factor is considerably low in your room, use a humidifier. This would moisten the dry eyes.
- It is not that the influence of the sun remains throughout the year. It is very dangerous to have an overexposure to the sun without proper eye care. Good quality glasses can prevent and reduce exposure to both cold and wind.
- A good eyecare cream can protect your eyes during the winter. You can apply it throughout the day. Make sure it does not have a harmful chemical in it. Sunscreen is always important, even in the winter.
- Staring at a computer or digital device for an extended amount of time can further dry out your eyes. If you spend a lot of time staring at the screen, make sure you blink often and practice 20-20-20 rule i.e. every 20 min look 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Drink lot of fluids. Keeping your body hydrated will also help maintain the moisture in your eyes.
- Eye infection often spreads during winter. Do not rub your eye, this will not only increase irritation but also lead to infection if your hands are not clean. Also, avoid sharing your cosmetic that comes in contact with eyes like eye makeup, makeup brush, etc.