What is Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is a common infectious disease caused by a virus that infects genital areas. It is a common sexually transmitted infection that affects both men and women.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- Fever, headache, and muscle aches
- Painful, itchy blisters in the genital region
- Painful urination
- Swollen and tender lymph nodes in the groin
- Tingling, burning, itching, and redness at the site where an outbreak is about to occur
- Depressed state or irritability
Causes of Genital Herpes:
- Genital herpes is caused by a virus known as Herpes Simplex Virus-1 and Herpes Simplex Virus-2
- Risk factors of Genital Herpes:
- Having many sexual partners
- Women are more likely to have genital herpes than are men
Complications of Genital Herpes:
- Bladder problems
- Newborn infection
- Other sexually transmitted infections
- Rectal inflammation (proctitis)
Diagnosis of Genital Herpes:
- Diagnosis of genital herpes includes the following:
- Physical exam
- DNA test
- Blood test
- Viral culture
Precautions & Prevention of Genital Herpes:
Avoid sexual contact if you have genital herpes
Avoid sexual contact with many partners
Limit the number of sex partners
Use a latex condom during each sexual contact
Treatment of Genital Herpes:
- Homoeopathic Treatment of Genital Herpes
- Allopathic Treatment of Genital Herpes
- Surgical Treatment of Genital Herpes
- Dietary and Herbal Treatment of Genital Herpes
- Other Treatment of Genital Herpes
Homeopathic Treatment of Genital Herpes: Homeopathic medicines take care of the acute symptoms and prevent recurrence of the infection. It helps in alleviating the lesions, the pain and the discomfort associated with genital Herpes. Some of the homoeopathic remedies for the treatment of genital herpes are Natrum Mur Petroleum Dulcamara Graphites Hepar-sulph Medorrhinum Anacardium. It is better to report every case in details. Better to reportised every case.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Genital Herpes: Hypnotherapy is psychotherapy techniques that may be useful for dealing with the emotional pain sometimes associated with having genital herpes.
Sex therapy may be required to manage sex life.
Conventional/Allopathic Treatment of Genital Herpes: Allopathic treatment for herpes simplex is, topical applications of the drug, acyclovir (Zovirax).
Surgical Treatment of Genital Herpes: There is no need for surgical treatment for genital herpes.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Genital Herpes: Avoid chocolate Diet for genital herpes is a protein named lysine, which is found in potatoes, beans, chicken, fish, and milk.
Other Treatment of Genital Herpes: When an outbreak of blisters occurs, a warm sitz bath can soothe the pain and irritation.