Every year summers take a toll on the skin. The excessive heat, sun rays, humidity, pollution are extremely harmful to the skin. The summer heat can wreak havoc on your skin leading to dark spots, pigmentation, wrinkles and tanning. However, just a few simple changes in your everyday skincare regimen can ensure that you have a soft and glowing skin in summer. Here are a few tips which would help you in protecting your skin this summer.
- Hydrate: During summer your body tends to lose a lot of moisture. So hydrating your skin is extremely important during summer seasons. Drinking lots of water will help to keep your skin soft and moisturized. Body lotions are also extremely useful in hydrating the skin. However, the thick lotions which are used in winter are not suitable for summer seasons. They are sticky in nature and lead to a lot of discomforts. Fast absorbing lotions or serums are ideal for hydrating the skin in summer.
- Sleep well: About 6 to 8 hours of sleep daily can work wonders in maintaining a soft glowing skin.
- Use sunscreen: A good quality sunscreen protects your skin from harmful UV radiation. Choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 (at least) before you go out in the sun. Sunscreen should be applied in the morning, at least half hour before you go out in the sun. It is best to reapply it again in the afternoon.
- Protect your eyes and lips: People often tend to ignore their eyes and lips in summers. Protect your eyes with goggles or eye shades to avoid the harsh sun while going out. Lip balms with SPF 15 are extremely helpful in protecting the lips. They help to keep the lips soft and prevent chapping and pigmentation of the lips.
- Face care: The hottest hours of the day are generally between 11 am to 4 pm. Avoid stepping out in the sun during these hours. This will help in protecting your skin from the harmful UV radiations. Face wash should always be used during summers. It helps in cleaning the clogged pores and exfoliating the skin. However harsh foaming face wash should be avoided during this season. Mild cleansing lotions provide an exfoliating effect and help in making the skin soft and supple.
Summers in India are quite harsh and lead to a lot of skin problems. However, a minimal basic skin care will go along way in ensuring that we have a soft and glowing skin this summer.