When we talk about nutrition, well-balanced meals and following healthy regime is more or less similar to Male as well as Female. However, it is vital to understand that women should give particular attention to these nutrients: Folate, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin D, B12 and Magnesium.
Sources rich in these nutrients:-
- Folate: Legumes, Eggs, Citrus fruits, Banana, Avocados, Broccoli, Leafy greens, Beets, Nuts & seeds
- Calcium: Dairy products, Muskmelon seeds, Makhane (Lotus Seeds), Almonds, Broccoli
- Iron: Green leafy vegetables, Ragi, Dates, Beetroot, Pumpkin seeds, Quinoa, Tofu, Meat, Fish
- Vitamin D: Exposure to sun for 15-30 min, Egg yolks, Fatty fish (e.g. Mackerel, and Salmon), Cheese, Milk, Mushroom
- Vitamin B12: Eggs, Fortified cereal, Milk & Dairy products, Fish (Tuna & Salmon), Vegetarians need to rely on supplementation support in case of too much deficiency
- Magnesium: Green leafy vegetables, Nuts & Seeds, Dark Chocolate, Avocados, Legumes and whole grains
Suggest doing blood tests once per year to understand the blood parameters and take necessary steps.
Happy Women's Day :).