Frequently asked Questions
1. Doctor, I get a constant irritation in my throat. What can i do about that?
- For constant irritation/general dryness in the throat kindly gargle with warm saline once after brushing your teeth in the morning and once just before going to sleep at night. Avoid chilly/ spicy food. Take your last meal at least two hours before going to bed.
2. I have been told that I snore at night. This is very embarrassing when I travel – the person next to me gets disturbed. Can something be done about this?
- Snoring is a common problem.Unfortunately it is multifactorial in causation. You will need to undergo a detailed snoring work up which will include a sleep study to find out the extent and the causes of the problem.However, certain lifestyle modifications always help – regular physical activity, weight reduction, giving up smoking, and alcohol consumption only in moderation.\
3. What are the early signs of Throat Cancer?
- Loosening of teeth, difficulty in speaking, chronic non healing ulcer in the mouth, persistent hoarseness of the voice, difficulty in swallowing etc.
4. Is there something I can do to improve my voice?
- in case of singers, it is recommended that they take half a tsf of honey with warm water in the morning. Avoid shouting or talking for long intervals - take a break in between, sip some water.
If you are looking for an ENT Specialist then please click on the link and get E-consultation in less than an hour. Please book prior APPOINTMENT for a medical checkup from ( 10 Am to 5 Pm; Mon-Sat)Call At +919871150032