Female sexual dysfunction occurs when a woman is not able to fully, healthily, and pleasurable experience some or all of the various physical stages the body normally experiences during sexual activity.
Symptoms of Female sexual dysfunction:
- You cannot experience an orgasm
- Pain during sexual contact
- Lack of sexual desire
- Feelings of fear or anger toward their partners
- Causes of Female sexual dysfunction-Lower estrogen levels
- Arthritis Urinary or Bowel difficulties Pelvic surgery Fatigue and Headaches
- Untreated anxiety or depression
Risk factors of Female sexual dysfunction:
- A history of sexual abuse
- Depression or anxiety
- Cardiovascular disease spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis
- Certain medications, such as antidepressants or high blood pressure medications
- Emotional or psychological stress
- Liver or kidney failure
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
Diagnosis of Female sexual dysfunction
Diagnosis of Female sexual dysfunction involves the following tests:
- Sexual history
- Pelvic exam
- Your doctor may also refer you to a counsellor or therapist specializing in sexual and relationship problems.
Precautions & Prevention of Female sexual dysfunction:
- Avoid excessive alcohol
- Quit smoking
Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction:
- Allopathic Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction
- Surgical Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction
- Dietary and Herbal Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction
Other Treatments of Female sexual dysfunction:
- Homoeopathic Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction: Homeopathic treatment of female sexual dysfunction has helped multitudes of women to overcome their suffering and lead a normal sexual life once again. Lack of libido and inability to become aroused show a good response to treatment with homoeopathy. Some of the homoeopathic medicines for female sexual dysfunction are Sepia, It may have positive effects on women with sexual pain disorders. It also helps to improve libido in women with low desire.
- Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction: Psychotherapy treatment includes education about normal sexual response, ways to enhance intimacy with your partner, and recommendations for reading materials or couples exercises. It may help you gain a better understanding of your sexual identity, beliefs and attitudes, relationship with your partner, communication and your overall emotional health. Hypnotherapy quickly resolves deep psychological issues and help in regaining normal sexual function.
- Sex therapy is very helpful in having a good sex life.
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Female sexual dysfunction-The allopathic treatment of female sexual dysfunction involves treating thyroid problems or other hormonal conditions, optimizing treatment for depression or anxiety. Treatment also includes estrogen therapy and Androgen therapy.